We’ve been seeing this shift in partnerships with different cruise lines over the past decade, especially with award-winning chefs. How successful are they? Well if Norwegian’s announcement with a half dozen new partners is any inclination, it seems to be working well.
At an event held recently aboard Norwegian Breakaway in New York City, Norwegian Cruise Line announced more details of their upcoming Norwegian Escape, due out later this year.
What will we see?
- Bayamo by Jose Garces – the Iron Chef himself will bring flavors of Latin America with Spanish influences.
- Pincho Tapas Bar by Jose Garces – Spanish tapas
- Food Republic will be a modern, upscale food emporium from Miami-based The Pubbelly Restaurant offering everything from Asian to European cuisine. Bringing Miami’s South Beach scene to sea.
- The District Brew House – A hip and urban craft beer hall with more than 20 beers on tap and 50 different bottled beers. Including local Miami craft beer from Wynwood Brewing Company.
- The Cellars, A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar. The venue is gonna focus on wine tastings, have a water front view, educate you on wine and also serve tapas a la carte.
- Supper Club featuring the show Dear John Hughes – this cabaret will bring the movies of John Hughes to life through their original soundtracks. Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
- After Midnight – in the main theater will feature the big band songs of Duke Ellington with the hottest dancing from Broadway.
- Million Dollar Quartet – Picture Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley for the biggest jam session of all time. We got to sample this entertainment and it sounds tight!
Previously announced on Norwegian Escape was Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville at Sea, a snow room and the largest thermal spa at sea.
Norwegian Escape will sail weekly seven-day cruises from her year-round homeport of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean beginning on November 14, 2015. The ship will be the largest ever to home port year-round in Miami, carrying 4,200 guests to tropical Caribbean destinations including St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Tortola, British Virgin Islands and Nassau, Bahamas.
Photo credit: Norwegian Cruise Line
Have you subscribed to Cruise Radio yet? Subscribe to us on iTunes and Stitcher Radio Network.