Coinciding with the first day of summer, Royal Caribbean’s newly renovated Mariner of the Seas has arrived to her new home of PortMiami. From there, the ship will be operating short 3 and 4-night cruises to the Bahamas.
New Ways to Play
The renovation brought a number of new experiences to the ship, including the much-anticipated Sky Pad – a bungee trampoline at the aft that is further ramped up with an optional virtual reality component.
Other additions include The Perfect Storm pair of racing waterslides, a laser tag course, the surfing simulator FlowRider, and a new escape room challenge.
Dining and Drinking
Food and beverage venues new to the ship include the following:
- The Bamboo Room – a casual Polynesian watering hole with kitschy-cool craft cocktails like the Island Old Fashioned and Tiki Tea. This is the first of this venue in the fleet.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – This sports bar includes over 25 TV screens, so that chances are on game days, you’ll be able to see your favorite team play.
- Jamie’s Italian – Fresh, handmade, rustic Italian dishes created by Chef Jamie Oliver, one of England’s most famous chefs
- Izumi Hibachi and Sushi – Asian-inspired dining with hibachi, sushi, sashimi, and more that are made to order with the freshest ingredients
Mariner of the Seas will welcome her first guests since the renovation on June 25, as she sets sail on a 4-night cruise to the Bahamas. Both 3 and 4-night voyages on the ship stop in Nassau and CocoCay.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019
- Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
- Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
- Cruisers Mourn Passing Of Jack’s Shack Pup Topher
- Guy’s Burger Joint Now Serves Breakfast
- Carnival Sends Another Cruise Ship To California
- Nassau Vows To Fight “Very Real Problem” Of Crime
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
REVIEWS3 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
CRUISE NEWS21 hours ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019