Coinciding with the first day of summer, Royal Caribbean’s newly renovated Mariner of the Seas has arrived to her new home of PortMiami. From there, the ship will be operating short 3 and 4-night cruises to the Bahamas.
New Ways to Play
The renovation brought a number of new experiences to the ship, including the much-anticipated Sky Pad – a bungee trampoline at the aft that is further ramped up with an optional virtual reality component.
Other additions include The Perfect Storm pair of racing waterslides, a laser tag course, the surfing simulator FlowRider, and a new escape room challenge.
Dining and Drinking
Food and beverage venues new to the ship include the following:
- The Bamboo Room – a casual Polynesian watering hole with kitschy-cool craft cocktails like the Island Old Fashioned and Tiki Tea. This is the first of this venue in the fleet.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – This sports bar includes over 25 TV screens, so that chances are on game days, you’ll be able to see your favorite team play.
- Jamie’s Italian – Fresh, handmade, rustic Italian dishes created by Chef Jamie Oliver, one of England’s most famous chefs
- Izumi Hibachi and Sushi – Asian-inspired dining with hibachi, sushi, sashimi, and more that are made to order with the freshest ingredients
Mariner of the Seas will welcome her first guests since the renovation on June 25, as she sets sail on a 4-night cruise to the Bahamas. Both 3 and 4-night voyages on the ship stop in Nassau and CocoCay.
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
- Final Look: Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through November 1
- Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More
- Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
- Cruise Podcast: Ship Scrapping Process with Peter Knego
- Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
- Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More
- Cruise Line Kicks Off Modest 2020 Alaska Season
- Stricken Norwegian Cruise Liner Cancels Next Sailing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Reclaiming Loyalty Points On Cancelled Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS23 hours ago
Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More