Coinciding with the first day of summer, Royal Caribbean’s newly renovated Mariner of the Seas has arrived to her new home of PortMiami. From there, the ship will be operating short 3 and 4-night cruises to the Bahamas.
New Ways to Play
The renovation brought a number of new experiences to the ship, including the much-anticipated Sky Pad – a bungee trampoline at the aft that is further ramped up with an optional virtual reality component.
Other additions include The Perfect Storm pair of racing waterslides, a laser tag course, the surfing simulator FlowRider, and a new escape room challenge.
Dining and Drinking
Food and beverage venues new to the ship include the following:
- The Bamboo Room – a casual Polynesian watering hole with kitschy-cool craft cocktails like the Island Old Fashioned and Tiki Tea. This is the first of this venue in the fleet.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – This sports bar includes over 25 TV screens, so that chances are on game days, you’ll be able to see your favorite team play.
- Jamie’s Italian – Fresh, handmade, rustic Italian dishes created by Chef Jamie Oliver, one of England’s most famous chefs
- Izumi Hibachi and Sushi – Asian-inspired dining with hibachi, sushi, sashimi, and more that are made to order with the freshest ingredients
Mariner of the Seas will welcome her first guests since the renovation on June 25, as she sets sail on a 4-night cruise to the Bahamas. Both 3 and 4-night voyages on the ship stop in Nassau and CocoCay.
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
- Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
- Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
CRUISE NEWS21 hours ago
Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Visiting Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska
BEFORE YOU CRUISE3 days ago
Ketchikan Cruise Port Guide and Information
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
CRUISE NEWS11 hours ago
180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022