Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that it has canceled select sailings aboard five of its cruise ships: Norwegian Encore, Jewel, Jade, Gem, and Joy.
In an email to travel advisors, the line said that it continues to “evaluate the viability of sailing select itineraries aboard the various vessels within our fleet” and that “this was a necessary step as we work to announce a revised fleet deployment schedule.”
Here are the impacted ships and sailings:
- Norwegian Encore: all embarkation dates from July 4, 2021 through and including October 28, 2021
- Norwegian Jewel: all embarkation dates from July 5, 2021 through and including October 6, 2021
- Norwegian Jade: all embarkation dates from July 4, 2021 through and including November 4, 2021
- Norwegian Joy: all embarkation dates from July 1, 2021 through and including October 9, 2021
- Norwegian Gem: all embarkation dates from July 1, 2021 through and including October 22, 2021
Even though the cancellations are the result of fleet redeployment and not an operational suspension, all impacted guests will automatically receive a full refund of the fare paid.
Norwegian is also issuing a 10 percent discount off a future cruise in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. The Future Cruise Credit can be used for up to one year from the date of issue and can be applied towards any of Norwegian’s published sailings through December 31, 2022. Click here for instructions on how to apply the 10 percent Future Cruise Credit.
The cruise line ended the email by saying “As always, we appreciate your continued partnership and loyalty and look forward to communicating some exciting news in the not-too-distant future.”
We at Cruise Radio can’t help but wonder exactly what the redeployment means, coupled with the message at the end of the email. If recent developments from other cruise lines are any indication, we wouldn’t be surprised if Norwegian announces soon that it will be sailing from some new non-U.S. homeports like Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. But as usual, only time will tell!
Currently, Norwegian Cruise Line has suspended sailings for its entire fleet through June 2021.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies