Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that it has canceled select sailings aboard five of its cruise ships: Norwegian Encore, Jewel, Jade, Gem, and Joy.
In an email to travel advisors, the line said that it continues to “evaluate the viability of sailing select itineraries aboard the various vessels within our fleet” and that “this was a necessary step as we work to announce a revised fleet deployment schedule.”
Here are the impacted ships and sailings:
- Norwegian Encore: all embarkation dates from July 4, 2021 through and including October 28, 2021
- Norwegian Jewel: all embarkation dates from July 5, 2021 through and including October 6, 2021
- Norwegian Jade: all embarkation dates from July 4, 2021 through and including November 4, 2021
- Norwegian Joy: all embarkation dates from July 1, 2021 through and including October 9, 2021
- Norwegian Gem: all embarkation dates from July 1, 2021 through and including October 22, 2021
Even though the cancellations are the result of fleet redeployment and not an operational suspension, all impacted guests will automatically receive a full refund of the fare paid.
Norwegian is also issuing a 10 percent discount off a future cruise in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. The Future Cruise Credit can be used for up to one year from the date of issue and can be applied towards any of Norwegian’s published sailings through December 31, 2022. Click here for instructions on how to apply the 10 percent Future Cruise Credit.
The cruise line ended the email by saying “As always, we appreciate your continued partnership and loyalty and look forward to communicating some exciting news in the not-too-distant future.”
We at Cruise Radio can’t help but wonder exactly what the redeployment means, coupled with the message at the end of the email. If recent developments from other cruise lines are any indication, we wouldn’t be surprised if Norwegian announces soon that it will be sailing from some new non-U.S. homeports like Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. But as usual, only time will tell!
Currently, Norwegian Cruise Line has suspended sailings for its entire fleet through June 2021.
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team