Back in May, Norwegian Cruise Line launched a contest to show its appreciation for teachers from the United States and Canada who gave students their all throughout the global health crisis.
From May 4 to June 3, fans could nominate their favorite certified or accredited teachers for the “Norwegian’s Giving Joy” contest. Today, the cruise line announced the 100 winners.
The winners were from all across the U.S. and Canada: 30 states, the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico, and the two Canadian provinces of Ontario and British Columbia.
The 100 educators won a seven-night cruise for two, and have the flexibility to choose a sailing through summer 2023 on sailings embarking from United States or Canadian ports.
As well, the cruise line is awarding the Grand Prize winner a $25,000 donation for their school. The second and third place winners will receive $15,000 and $10,000 donations for their schools, as well.
Recipients of the donations will be announced during Norwegian’s Giving Joy Awards event on August 19, 2021 at 8 pm eastern time. The ceremony will be open to the public and can be streamed live at NCLGivingJoyLivestreamEvent.com and on Facebook.
To highlight Norwegian Cruise Line’s onboard experience during the event, viewers tuning in virtually will be able to watch performances from “The Choir of Man” and be treated to other surprises along the way.
“After such a challenging year, we are so happy to provide these unsung heroes a well-deserved cruise vacation,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. “We have heard phenomenal stories about how these selfless educators are going above and beyond and it couldn’t be more inspiring.”
To learn more about the 100 winners and their stories, visit nclgivingjoy.com/winners.
- Cruise Podcast: Majestic Princess Review + News
- Brazil Prepares to Welcome Cruise Ships Back in November
- Carnival Radiance Sails To North America, Starts Cruising December 13
- Cruise News Today — October 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- 5 Incredible Places to See on a St. Petersburg, Russia Cruise
- Former Cruise Ship Now Home To World’s Largest Floating Nightclub
- Disney to Debut ‘Wish’ Themed Thanksgiving Day Parade Float
- Cruise Line Sails From Port Everglades For The First Time
- Cruise News Today — October 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New Residence Cruise Ship Adds Deck, Includes Remote Work Space, Pet Areas