This is a photo tour of Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, MSC Cruises’ brand new private destination in the Bimini Islands.
Earlier this month we had a chance to check out the new private island in the Bahamas that MSC Cruises has spent years developing. Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve was first announced in 2015, with a projected opening date of 2017.
READ MORE: 15 TIPS FOR VISITING OCEAN CAY
With numerous delays, including tons of scrap metal found on the ocean floor and a hurricane, the company was finally able to open the island in December 2019.
Fast forward to January 2020, the island is officially transformed from a dumping ground to a 95-acre destination where cruise guests can not only enjoy a day in the sun but also participate in scientific research.
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve [PHOTOS]
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve Video Tour 
- Another Cruise Ship Pulled From China, Will Now Sail in Mediterranean
- Half of Carnival’s U.S. Cruise Ship Fleet Back in Service
- Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Final Episode of EMBARK Web Series
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada