Fans of Royal Caribbean International’s Grandeur of the Seas may want to book a trip ASAP. As of 2021, the ship will leave the fleet to join Royal Caribbean’s sister brand, Pullmantur Cruises. This will not, however, leave Grandeur’s current homeport without a ship. Instead, she’ll be replaced by sister ship Enchantment of the Seas!
Why The Ship Is Leaving Royal’s Fleet
In a letter to travel partners, Royal Caribbean International addressed the reasons for the change. “As the Royal Caribbean fleet continues to evolve and new destinations emerge,” they said, “opportunities arise to share our fleet favorites with other brands.”
The letter went on to explain that the transfer would take place in the spring of 2021. “During her 23 years with Royal Caribbean,” it said, “Grandeur has saild a variety of European and Caribbean itineraries ad most recently found a comfortable home in the Northeast, departing year-round from her homeport of Baltimore, Maryland.”
Which Ship Will Take Grandeur’s Place?
Those who enjoy sailing out of Maryland’s popular port need not fear. “With this departure,” the cruise line said, “[comes] an exciting announcement that we’re confident will receive a warm welcome from the market. A fan favorite, Enchantment of the Seas, will return to Baltimore to replace Grandeur in spring of 2021.”
Although the ships are both members of the Vision class, Enchantment is slightly larger than the ship she’ll be taking the place of. “With her,” said Royal’s missive, “you’ll experience great amenities like extra pools and whirlpools, a Diamond Club and — for the adventure junkies — a bungee trampoline! Plus, enjoy some of our cherished dining options, like Park Cafe, Windjammer Cafe, Chops Grille and Chef’s table.”
Bookings for Enchantment of the Seas will open later this year.
- Carnival Will Take Conservative Approach When Cruises Resume
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Caribbean Review + News
- Cruise Line Details New Sanitation Policies and Procedures
- Disney Cruise Line Cancels Additional Sailings
- Carnival Cruise Ship Captain Details Life Onboard During Shutdown
- 7 Ways Cruise Vacations Will Change Moving Forward
- Why You Shouldn’t Let Yourself Be Cruise Shamed
- Popular Shore Excursion Seller Closes Door
- Celebrity Edge Photo Tour
- How to Make a Cucumber Sunrise on Carnival Cruise Line [VIDEO]