This year a projected 194 cruise ships will dock in Amsterdam and an estimated 1,350 river cruise ships will berth there.
“Even the next few years look promising” says Hans Gerson, chairman of the promotions non-profit organisation Amsterdam Cruise Port.
In 2011, 150 maritime cruise ships called into the ports of Amsterdam (123) and IJmuiden (27). These brought about 277,000 passengers to the region. This current year is breaking all records with 194 bookings, of which 154 are in Amsterdam, and 40 in IJmuiden. This not only means more than 372,000 visitors to the region, but also more turn-around calls – whereby Amsterdam and IJmuiden are used as starting and ending points – than transit calls for the first time.
Source: Amsterdam Cruise Port
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Chef Rudi Sodamin Named Princess’ Head of Culinary Arts
- New Residential Ship to Offer ‘Worldschooling’ Education Program
- Cruise News Today — January 24, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Explores $10 COVID-19 Testing Option for Shorter Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 23, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 16, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice