It was approved Tuesday that the Port of Tampa will raise parking prices at its Channelside Parking garage. The increase will take place October 1, 2011, which is the start of the port’s fiscal year, public relations director Andy Forbes told us.
Currently the daily parking rate is $14 dollars per day making the daily long-term parking $15.
The increase is likely to affect more non-residents than locals, port director Richard Wainio said.
The $1 increase will put Tampa in line with most other Florida ports, except Miami:
- Fort Lauderdale $15
- Jacksonville $15
- Miami $20
- Port Canaveral $15
Tampa has more than 4,000 dedicated vehicle spaces to accommodate cruise passengers. Currently, three cruise lines homeport four ships in Tampa.
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]