Royal Caribbean International unveiled the name of their second Quantum Ultra Class ship over the weekend at the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. The line is celebrating the cutting of the very first piece of steel for the Odyssey of the Seas, sister to Spectrum of the Seas, with more details to be revealed later this year.
Odyssey of the Seas is Royal Caribbean’s 27th ship in its global fleet and is set to sail out of the United States in the Fall of 2020.
Royal Caribbean’s newest vessel will be joining several other anticipated ships coming in 2020 including Carnival Mardi Gras, which will feature the first roller coaster at sea, Scarlet Lady, Virgin Voyages first ship which will be outfitted with a rock-and-roll style, and MSC Virtuosa, which brings guests “Zoe” — an onboard virtual cruise assistant similar to the Amazon Alexa.
Odyssey of the Seas’ Sister Ship
Though we don’t know any details about the line’s newest Quantum Ultra Class Ship, what we do know is that its sister — sailing out of Hong Kong in the Spring — has some pretty cool features herself. Spectrum of the Seas gives passengers unique experiences including:
- The line’s first “suite-only” ship area, providing a private dining area, lounge, shopping experiences, and more.
- Sky Pad: a virtual reality, bungee trampoline attraction.
- SeaPlex: an indoor sports and entertainment venue featuring bumper cars, roller skating, and basketball.
- North Star: providing guests panoramic views as they soar 300 feet above the ocean in a glass-enclosed seat.
- A three-level main dining room, and a 20 percent larger buffet area.
The Odyssey will also be a relative to Symphony of the Seas, a Quantum-class ship which debuted out of Port Miami in November of 2018.
What features are you hoping Royal Caribbean will reveal for their newest ship?
- Carnival Will Take Conservative Approach When Cruises Resume
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Caribbean Review + News
- Cruise Line Details New Sanitation Policies and Procedures
- Disney Cruise Line Cancels Additional Sailings
- Carnival Cruise Ship Captain Details Life Onboard During Shutdown
- 7 Ways Cruise Vacations Will Change Moving Forward
- Why You Shouldn’t Let Yourself Be Cruise Shamed
- Popular Shore Excursion Seller Closes Door
- Celebrity Edge Photo Tour
- How to Make a Cucumber Sunrise on Carnival Cruise Line [VIDEO]