Royal Caribbean’s Wonder of the Seas is one major step closer to completion.
The Oasis-class vessel set out today on a four-day sea trial voyage from the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard in France, which will see seven dozen tests being done on the ship’s systems to evaluate things like stability, speed, fuel consumption, and vibration.
Teams from the shipyard, vendors, and others will be onboard to conduct and evaluate the tests.
Originally set to debut this year, Wonder of the Seas’ construction was delayed due to the global health crisis. She is now set to debut in spring 2022 if there are no additional delays.
When she debuts, Wonder will become the largest cruise ship in the world, taking away the top spot from sister-ship Symphony of the Seas. The vessel will be 230,000 gross tons and be able to hold 6,800 passengers and 2,400 crew members, containing 100 more cabins than Symphony.
Wonder of the Seas is the third Oasis-class ship built by Chantiers de l’Atlantique in France, and is the fifth Oasis-class ship overall. The others, in order of debut date, are Oasis, Allure, Harmony, and Symphony of the Seas. Each was the largest cruise ship in the world when they debuted.
Highlights of Wonder of the Seas include:
- Ten-story Ultimate Abyss slide
- Chops Grille steakhouse
- A reimagined aft AquaTheater
- Suite-only Coastal Kitchen restaurant
- All-new Suite Neighborhood
- Ice skating rink
- FlowRider surfing simulators
- Vitality Spa & Fitness Center
- Open-air Central Park neighborhood
- Hand-carved carousel
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
When she debuts, Wonder will sail from Shanghai, China. She will be the first Oasis-class ship to operate in Asia.
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras