Let’s face it, in 2015, there isn’t a lot of people who can go on vacation and be totally disconnected. You do have WiFi options like paying .75 cents a minute on the cruise ship, but lets be honest, who wants to do that? Some of the cheapest (and free) WiFi will be available at the ports of call.
Some cruise lines now offer special internet packages and reduced rates – but if you don’t want to do that – check out these hotspots.
5 WiFi Hotspots in Nassau:
1. Festival Place Welcome Center: Right when you get off the cruise ship, go to the center of the shopping plaza (you have to walk through it to leave) and you can grab some free WiFi. This is one of the most popular spots so don’t expect top speed. This is a great place to hop online with your smartphone.
2. Dunkin Donuts: Located right off of Bay Street, a lot of crew members go here to Skype and call home because of the strong bandwidth.
3. Conch Fritters: You can’t go to Nassau without getting seafood or conch fritters, right? You can expect to pay about $10 a plate for some local seafood and you can jump on the free WiFi, too Or you can grab a beer for $4.
Located off Blue Hill Road in Nassau. Locals can direct you to this popular spot.
4. McDonalds: Located on West Bay Street, just a short walking distance from the cruise pier. This is pretty much standard at all McDonalds, though not the fastest connection.
5. Melia Nassau Beach Resort: If you want to spend the day at Cable Beach and soak up the sun, you can grab some free wireless in the lobby of Melia Nassau Beach Resort.
One I didn’t list is Starbucks. They charge $3 an hour but super convenient, a stones throw away from the cruise pier.
If you have any questions on how to find any of these place, just ask. The crew knows where to get connected for cheap.
If you need to use a desktop computer there are also internet cafes around the cruise pier. Festival Plaza at the pier has internet terminals for an hourly surcharge.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review