Carnival Cruise Line announced today that their upcoming ship, Mardi Gras, will have a new model of stateroom that the cruise line has never seen before. Some of the features are new, while others have been around on other cruise lines for some time.
Mardi Gras Stateroom to Include:
- Floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors on nearly all verandahs for easier balcony access
- New sofas that “flip” into a bed and footstools that open up for storage
- Clear glass doors on the in-room mini-refrigerators
- More 110V power outlets and USB connections both on the vanity and by the bed
- Flexible bedside reading lamps that allow guests to read without disturbing others
- A larger, customizable wardrobe with two pull-out bins, a sliding shoe rack, folding shelves and storage under the bed for luggage
- Spacious bathrooms with glass shower doors, a first for the line, along with an in-shower shaving bar
“We’ve taken the best practices in new interior design and hotel concepts and applied them to Mardi Gras to create guest-friendly staterooms designed to make guests feel at home,” said Dom Hargreaves, sector manager for DCA Design International. “It’s been an incredible opportunity to work with Carnival to enrich the stateroom experience by focusing on both design principles and small details, creating moments of delight for Mardi Gras guests.”
More Info Coming Soon
Carnival’s cruise ship Mardi Gras is set to have more than 180 sizes and locations of staterooms, including a new class of stateroom called the Excel Suites, which will be announced next month.
In addition to the stateroom changes, Carnival said that their Havana cabins will have access to an open sun deck, the family harbor staterooms will be “extra roomy” and the Cloud 9 spa staterooms will feature extra features and products.
Carnival Mardi is set to debut in Europe in August 2020, then reposition to New York City before coming to her year-round homeport of Port Canaveral, Florida.
Watch Carnival Mardi Gras Deck Tour
- Royal Caribbean CEO Fain: A New Dawn Is Coming
- Carnival Cancels April 2021, Delays Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise
- MSC Grandiosa to Resume Cruising Southern Europe on January 24
- Cruise News Briefs – January 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Princess Announced They Have Sold Another Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Briefs – January 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Removes Ship From 2021 Alaska Season
- First Cruise Line Officially Requires Vaccines — Will Others Follow?
- Celebrity Cruises Announces 2022-2023 Caribbean Schedule
- Carnival Cruise Line Addresses Gratuity Hike, Vaccine Rumors
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Addresses Gratuity Hike, Vaccine Rumors
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Look: Menu for Emeril’s Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Two Former Carnival Cruise Ships Being Scrapped [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Group Sells Cruise Brand