Carnival Cruise Line announced today that their upcoming ship, Mardi Gras, will have a new model of stateroom that the cruise line has never seen before. Some of the features are new, while others have been around on other cruise lines for some time.
Mardi Gras Stateroom to Include:
- Floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors on nearly all verandahs for easier balcony access
- New sofas that “flip” into a bed and footstools that open up for storage
- Clear glass doors on the in-room mini-refrigerators
- More 110V power outlets and USB connections both on the vanity and by the bed
- Flexible bedside reading lamps that allow guests to read without disturbing others
- A larger, customizable wardrobe with two pull-out bins, a sliding shoe rack, folding shelves and storage under the bed for luggage
- Spacious bathrooms with glass shower doors, a first for the line, along with an in-shower shaving bar
“We’ve taken the best practices in new interior design and hotel concepts and applied them to Mardi Gras to create guest-friendly staterooms designed to make guests feel at home,” said Dom Hargreaves, sector manager for DCA Design International. “It’s been an incredible opportunity to work with Carnival to enrich the stateroom experience by focusing on both design principles and small details, creating moments of delight for Mardi Gras guests.”
More Info Coming Soon
Carnival’s cruise ship Mardi Gras is set to have more than 180 sizes and locations of staterooms, including a new class of stateroom called the Excel Suites, which will be announced next month.
In addition to the stateroom changes, Carnival said that their Havana cabins will have access to an open sun deck, the family harbor staterooms will be “extra roomy” and the Cloud 9 spa staterooms will feature extra features and products.
Carnival Mardi is set to debut in Europe in August 2020, then reposition to New York City before coming to her year-round homeport of Port Canaveral, Florida.
Watch Carnival Mardi Gras Deck Tour
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
- Cruise Lines Submit Plans to CDC; One Step Closer to Sailing
- Last Day To Share Cruise Comments With CDC
- Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
- Cruise Line Founder Dies At 91
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 13, 2020
- 7 Ways to Prepare Yourself for Any Cruise Trip
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Second Carnival Corporation Ship Returns To Cruising in Europe
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Cruise Line Details How They Are Keeping Guests Safe [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Founder Dies At 91