Following Hurricane Dorian’s devastating impact on Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line today announced a two-fold support initiative. As of today, the company is accepting monetary donations online through its partner, Mission Resolve, as well as donated supplies at its Riviera Beach warehouse.
“Our hearts go out to all of those impacted, and we felt it was imperative to issue a rapid response, demonstrating our support through action,” said Oneil Khosa, CEO of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, who is engaged in direct communications with the Bahamian government, including Deputy Prime Minister Kevin Peter Turnquest, to determine specific areas of need and serve as a liaison for those looking to assist in the Hurricane Dorian recovery effort. “We’re proud to partner with Mission Resolve in taking the necessary steps to help our brothers and sisters of Grand Bahama Island that are in desperate need.”
Those who wish to donate monetarily can do so at www.MissionResolve.org. All proceeds will be directly donated to the people of Grand Bahama Island.
In addition, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is now accepting select items at its warehouse, located at 301 Broadway Ave., Bay #7, in Riviera Beach, FL 33404. The warehouse is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Items currently being accepted include:
- Canned goods
- Building supplies (roofing materials, tar paper, plywood, sheetrock, etc.)
- Hygiene products
- First Aid kits
- Mosquito repellent
- Chlorine tablets
- Pampers, baby wipes, and baby food
Please note, items that will not be accepted include fuel, hazardous materials, used clothing, old mattresses, and other used items.
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is expected to announce additional support efforts in the coming days.
Source: Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
- Second Carnival Corporation Ship Returns To Cruising in Europe
- Cruise Line Details How They Are Keeping Guests Safe [VIDEO]
- Motion Sickness: Choosing the Right Ship, Cabin, and Itinerary
- Virgin Voyages Announces Longer Caribbean Cruises
- Carnival Honors Drink Package Discounts From Cancelled Cruises
- Set Sail Safely Act Introduced To Reopen Cruise Industry
- 5 Reasons Carnival Selling Cruise Ships Is A Good Thing
- Cruise Podcast: Norwegian Sky 2020 Review + News
- How to Combat Motion Sickness on a Cruise
- Your Favorite Cruise Director Can Now Host At-Home Game Night
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Corp. Sells More Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Cancels Return Of Four Cruise Ships Until Early 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Confirms Sale of Two Fantasy-Class Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Set Sail Safely Act Introduced To Reopen Cruise Industry