Following Hurricane Dorian’s devastating impact on Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line today announced a two-fold support initiative. As of today, the company is accepting monetary donations online through its partner, Mission Resolve, as well as donated supplies at its Riviera Beach warehouse.
“Our hearts go out to all of those impacted, and we felt it was imperative to issue a rapid response, demonstrating our support through action,” said Oneil Khosa, CEO of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, who is engaged in direct communications with the Bahamian government, including Deputy Prime Minister Kevin Peter Turnquest, to determine specific areas of need and serve as a liaison for those looking to assist in the Hurricane Dorian recovery effort. “We’re proud to partner with Mission Resolve in taking the necessary steps to help our brothers and sisters of Grand Bahama Island that are in desperate need.”
Those who wish to donate monetarily can do so at www.MissionResolve.org. All proceeds will be directly donated to the people of Grand Bahama Island.
In addition, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is now accepting select items at its warehouse, located at 301 Broadway Ave., Bay #7, in Riviera Beach, FL 33404. The warehouse is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Items currently being accepted include:
- Canned goods
- Building supplies (roofing materials, tar paper, plywood, sheetrock, etc.)
- Hygiene products
- First Aid kits
- Mosquito repellent
- Chlorine tablets
- Pampers, baby wipes, and baby food
Please note, items that will not be accepted include fuel, hazardous materials, used clothing, old mattresses, and other used items.
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is expected to announce additional support efforts in the coming days.
Source: Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
- Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
- Viking Launches Mississippi River Cruises
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise To Nowhere, Day 1
- How to Use a Future Cruise Credit
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Brands Extend Cancellation Policy
- Disney Cruise Line Suspends Sailings Through April 28
- Norwegian Cancels Cruises, Pushes Return Date Back
- Carnival Extends Suspension; Cancels Cruises Through May 11
- MSC Cruises Extends Suspended Voyages Through May 29
- Cruise Ship Casinos: How to Get the Most Out of Your Experience