Following Hurricane Dorian’s devastating impact on Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line today announced a two-fold support initiative. As of today, the company is accepting monetary donations online through its partner, Mission Resolve, as well as donated supplies at its Riviera Beach warehouse.
“Our hearts go out to all of those impacted, and we felt it was imperative to issue a rapid response, demonstrating our support through action,” said Oneil Khosa, CEO of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, who is engaged in direct communications with the Bahamian government, including Deputy Prime Minister Kevin Peter Turnquest, to determine specific areas of need and serve as a liaison for those looking to assist in the Hurricane Dorian recovery effort. “We’re proud to partner with Mission Resolve in taking the necessary steps to help our brothers and sisters of Grand Bahama Island that are in desperate need.”
Those who wish to donate monetarily can do so at www.MissionResolve.org. All proceeds will be directly donated to the people of Grand Bahama Island.
In addition, Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is now accepting select items at its warehouse, located at 301 Broadway Ave., Bay #7, in Riviera Beach, FL 33404. The warehouse is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Items currently being accepted include:
- Canned goods
- Building supplies (roofing materials, tar paper, plywood, sheetrock, etc.)
- Hygiene products
- First Aid kits
- Mosquito repellent
- Chlorine tablets
- Pampers, baby wipes, and baby food
Please note, items that will not be accepted include fuel, hazardous materials, used clothing, old mattresses, and other used items.
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is expected to announce additional support efforts in the coming days.
Source: Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
- Miami Added as Embarkation Port For Bahamas Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey In Photos, Day 3: Amber Cove
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again