There are two things that have helped make Carnival Cruise Lines the leader in family-friendly vacations: Providing a whole lot of activities that families can enjoy together… and knowing that it’s equally important for mom and dad to have a little alone time. And it’s with the latter in mind that, as part of the recently-complete dry dock of the Carnival Conquest, the ship was outfitted with an adults-only Serenity area.
Carnival Conquest Serenity Area
Reserved for guests 21 and older, this area is located on the forward part of the ship and stretches over decks 12 and 14. (Sure, that sounds a little weird, but remember that like many tall buildings and ships, the Carnival Conquest does not actually have a Deck 13.) For those who have never sailed on a ship featuring the Serenity area, they are designed to be a peaceful oasis perfect for lounging with your fellow adult cruisers. There are hammocks, loungers, covered clam shells, hot tubs and — of course — a bar!
Unlike the loungers which surround the pool, the ones which you’ll find in the Serenity area aren’t plastic, but rather thick, comfortable cushions (all the better for catnapping on).
Serenity areas can be found on most Carnival ships (a complete list can be found here) and will be featured on the upcoming Carnival Horizon.
Along with the Serenity upgrade, Conquest also received some technical and cosmetic enhancements. Unlike the Carnival Elation — which recently underwent a major makeover — Conquest already had gone through the Fun Ship 2.0 transformation during a 2012 dry dock. At that time she saw a whole slew of new venues added, including a Guy’s Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIquana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, BlueIguana Cantina and more.
Conquest currently sails from Port Everglades on six and eight-night cruises to the Caribbean.
- Carnival Reveals Roller Coaster Details And More
- Everything We Know About Virgin Voyages’ Second Ship
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
- Big Changes Ahead For Two Carnival Cruise Line Ships
- MSC Cruises Delays Private Island Opening Until December
- List of Pepsi Products Served on Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Line Ditches Coke For Pepsi
- 5 Things To Do in Dublin, Ireland