Carnival Foundation, and its nine global cruise line brands together with the Micky and Madeleine Arison Family Foundation have pledged to donate $2 million in funding and in-kind support for relief efforts in The Bahamas following Hurricane Dorian.
Carnival Foundation and the company’s nine cruise line brands are pledging a total of $1 million in monetary and in-kind donations in support of immediate relief and recovery efforts in The Bahamas. Carnival Corporation Chairman Micky Arison and his wife Madeleine are matching the corporation’s commitment with a $1 million donation from the Micky and Madeleine Arison Family Foundation.
“We are fully committed to supporting the critical relief and recovery efforts already underway for The Bahamas, and we are working closely with officials and affected communities to identify the needs for support and assistance,” said Arnold Donald, CEO of Carnival Corporation.
A portion of the combined pledge will immediately go to support efforts being managed by Direct Relief, an international humanitarian organization that provides critical medications and supplies during emergency situations. Direct Relief is currently assembling and delivering requested medical aid and additional emergency medical caches with first-aid supplies to the affected areas in The Bahamas.
In addition, Carnival Corporation and its brands are working together with local officials, community leaders and key relief and recovery organizations to identify the most timely and urgent relief needs and immediate allocations for additional funds and support.
Separately, the company today announced an effort to collect and deliver food and supplies donated in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties for the people of The Bahamas, through a partnership with Tropical Shipping and The Bahamas National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA). The effort, funded by Carnival Corporation and Tropical Shipping, will work in partnership with NEMA to provide immediate assistance to the people of the Bahamas where it is most needed.
Source: Carnival Corporation & plc
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- 8 Tips, Hacks, and Ways to Save Money on a Carnival Cruise
- Cruise News Today — November 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Reopens to First Cruise Ship in 20 Months