Carnival Cruise Line joined forces with their partner Operation Homefront on Sunday to host a “day date” event for 100 military couples aboard Carnival Miracle at Port Tampa Bay.
The red carpet was rolled out for the couples, who came onboard for a day-long escape that included lunch and a comedy show. To honor the attendees for their service to the country, Carnival also presented their Military Appreciation Salute, a tribute that is held for active and retired military personnel and their families who sail on every cruise. The salute includes the showing of the colors, the branch songs, National Anthem, and ends with all members of the military being invited onstage for a group photo.
Tampa is an important homeport for Carnival, and home to Macdill Air Force Base. The line operates two year-round ships out of Port Tampa Bay – Carnival Miracle and Carnival Paradise – carrying an estimated 280,000 passengers annually from the port.
Photos: Carnival Cruise Line
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
- Final Look: Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through November 1
- Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More
- Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
- Cruise Podcast: Ship Scrapping Process with Peter Knego
- Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
- Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More
- Cruise Line Kicks Off Modest 2020 Alaska Season
- Stricken Norwegian Cruise Liner Cancels Next Sailing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Reclaiming Loyalty Points On Cancelled Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS24 hours ago
Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More