Celebrity Cruises has cut the first piece of steel on their new upcoming ship at the Chantiers de l’Atlantique shipyard (formerly STX France). The second ship in the line’s Edge class, Celebrity Apex will arrive in the wake of the anticipated Celebrity Edge.
Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises, who attended the ceremony with her leadership team, said: “Welcoming Celebrity Apex into our family with the leadership team was a very special moment, especially when we all signed the ship silhouette cut from the first piece of steel. We are so grateful for our partnership with Chantiers de l’Atlantique and are thrilled to work on another very special ship together. The success and momentum for Celebrity Edge has been incredible, and with Celebrity Apex we will yet again show how we are taking our brand to the next level. We are offering our guests the best way to experience the world in modern luxury style.”
The ship is expected to debut in spring 2020, with the third and fourth Edge class ships to arrive in fall 2021 and fall 2022.
- Cruise Line Thanks Authorities Who Brought Home Stranded Guests
- Sick Cruise Ship Gets Approval to Dock in Florida
- Cruise Podcast: Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas 2020 + News
- How to Make Fruit Loop Crusted French Toast
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise Day 2, Fun Day At Sea
- Carnival Cancels Additional Sailings, Including Alaska and Europe
- Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
- Viking Launches Mississippi River Cruises
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise To Nowhere, Day 1
- How to Use a Future Cruise Credit