Adding to its impressive roster of awards for its wine program, Celebrity Cruises has announced that it has won 12 more Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards.
Each year, Wine Spectator magazine recognizes restaurant wine lists that feature a well-chosen assortment of quality producers, along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.
For nine years in a row, Celebrity has received accolades for its onboard wine programs, holding more awards from the world’s authority on wine than any other cruise line.
In addition to receiving 10 “Awards of Excellence” for the second consecutive year, Celebrity received two “Best of Awards of Excellence” for its unique wine lists aboard the newest ships Celebrity Edge and Apex — making it the only cruise line among a small group of establishments in the world that have received awards for the past nine straight years.
All of the main dining rooms on ships in the Millennium and Solstice classes received this year’s “Award of Excellence.”
We’ve taken the utmost care to curate a collection of wines that not only complements the culinary experience for our guests, but is synergistic with the destinations we visit,” said Cornelius Gallagher, vice president of food and beverage for Celebrity Cruises. “The recognition from such a prestigious group is a testament to the details we’ve poured into ensuring we create a special wine experience for our guests.”
READ MORE: 15 Photos of Eden on Celebrity Edge
The list of Celebrity Cruises Wine Spectator’s 2021 Restaurant Awards include the following:
- Celebrity Apex – Cyprus (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2020) and Fine Cut (“Award of Excellence” since 2020)
- Celebrity Constellation – San Marco (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Eclipse – Moonlight Sonata (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Edge – Normandie (“Best of Award of Excellence” since 2019)
- Celebrity Equinox – Silhouette (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Infinity – Trellis (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Millennium – Metropolitan (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Reflection – Opus (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Silhouette – Grand Cuvee (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Solstice – Grand Epernay (“Award of Excellence” since 2013)
- Celebrity Summit – Cosmopolitan (“Award of Excellence”)
With over 500 selections from the world’s most popular wine regions, Celebrity offers one of the largest wine collections at sea. A team of Sommeliers aboard every ship help passengers navigate the options and offer a variety of experiences that immerse them in wine education and enjoyment, including:
- World Wine Tours — opportunities to sample different wines from around the world and learn about the regional and varietal technicalities
- Food and Wine Pairing Workshops — samples of contrasting pairings to teach the fundamentals of food and wine chemistry and the way food and wine interact
- Destination Wine Tours — immersions into beautiful wine-producing areas around the world, including winery tours and tastings
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- 8 Tips, Hacks, and Ways to Save Money on a Carnival Cruise
- Cruise News Today — November 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Reopens to First Cruise Ship in 20 Months