Two Former Carnival Ships Scrapped
Former Carnival ship Celebration is currently being dismantled at a scrapyard in Alang, India, and her sister ship Holiday is allegedly en route to the same fate.
Most recently, Celebration was sailing as Grand Celebration for Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line, and Holiday was sailing as Magellan for Cruise & Maritime Voyages before it went bankrupt due to the pandemic.
Greek ferry company SeaJets had purchased Magellan, but it appears that it has decided it was worth more as scrap.
Both ships were part of the Holiday-class, which was the first class of ships built specifically for Carnival.
Halifax Hangs on Hope
At the beginning of last year, the port of Halifax had high hopes for the 2020 Canada/New England season.
The port was expecting to welcome over 200 ship visits carrying 350,000 passengers until the pandemic hit and the season was canceled.
Now, port and city officials are bracing for another nonexistent cruise season, but are also hopeful that they will see ships this year.
As a silver lining, Nova Scotia has seen only 1,500 COVID-19 cases in its nearly 1 million population, which will be a good selling point for both cruise lines and health authorities.
Adventures by Disney Heads South
Adventures By Disney has announced that it will soon be offering expedition cruises.
The company will launch a series of sailings to Antarctica on two of Ponant cruise line’s ships.
Galapagos cruises are also being added to Adventures By Disney’s lineup. The new expedition voyages open to the general public on January 22.
The stock market was closed on Monday, January 18, 2021.
Watch Cruise News Briefs
- The Cruise Line-approved At-home COVID Test: We Tried It
- Carnival Corp. Shows Optimism Despite Massive Q3 Loss
- Cruise Ship Headed Back to Florida After New Orleans Charter
- Cruise News Today — September 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean CEO Says Focus is on 2022 & Beyond
- Scenic Eclipse to Resume Voyages in Antarctica in January
- Cruise News Today — September 23, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Delta Variant Slows Near-Term Bookings As Cruisers Hesitate
- Carnival Victory Officially Renamed Carnival Radiance
- Royal Caribbean Group Set to Build New Cruise Terminal in Italy
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Pulled From China, Will Now Sail in Mediterranean
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Half of Carnival’s U.S. Cruise Ship Fleet Back in Service
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Final Episode of EMBARK Web Series
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean Announces Protocols For Remainder of October