Holland America Announces Restart Dates For Final Ships
Holland America has announced 2022 restart dates for its final three ships. Noordam is scheduled to resume sailing in March in Japan, Oosterdam will begin Mediterranean cruises in May, and Westerdam will start Alaska voyages in May.
The line recently announced that Volendam and Zaandam would also return to sailing in May.
Those who were booked on now-canceled cruises can either move to the same itinerary on another ship next year or receive a full refund.
Royal Caribbean Prepares for LA Return
In just two over two months, Royal Caribbean will return to cruising from Los Angeles for the first time in more than a decade. Navigator of the Seas will be sailing three, four, and five night cruises from Souther California to Catalina Island, California, as well as Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Just before the shutdown, Navigator underwent a $115 million dollar refurbishment to include new waterslides, a three deck Lime and Coconut poolside bar, and a redesigned bars and kids area.
The vessel was originally supposed to sail from Los Angeles in the summer of 2022.
Silversea Announces 2021-22 Antarctica Schedule
Silversea Cruises has announced three ships that will be sailing to Antarctica for the 2021-2022 season. Silver Cloud and Silver Wind will sail from Punta Arenas, Chile, and Silver Explorer will sail from Puerto Williams, Chile.
The line will offer mostly ten-day cruises, as well as shorter five, six, and nine-day adventures as part of its fly-cruise program. Two 20-day “Deep Antarctica” voyages will also be offered.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras