The port of San Juan remained open after two separate earthquakes shook the southern region of Puerto Rico within 24 hours.
The 6.4 magnitude earthquake rocked the area of Guanica, Puerto Rico causing damages to some buildings and parts of the island to lose power.
Shortly after the quakes, the United States Coast Guard issued a statement confirming that all ports in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are open for business.
On Tuesday, Norwegian Encore, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Carnival Conquest called to San Juan.
Royal Caribbean’s Chief Meteorologist James Van Fleet tweeted on Tuesday morning, “Updating info for guests on this morning series of #Earthquake‘s in #PuertoRico. This occurred west of #Ponce, and is the complete opposite end of the island that we Port at in San Juan. Tsunami threat was minor and cancelled soon after the 6.4 this morning.”
Carnival Cruise Line told Cruise Radio, “There are no changes to our itineraries that call at San Juan or to sailings of our San Juan-based ship, Carnival Fascination. The epicenter and most damage are on the south side of the island, away from where our ships call and our guests visit.”
On Wednesday, Carnival Breeze, Oasis of the Seas, and Anthem of the Seas are scheduled to dock in San Juan.
- The Rule Change That Could Save Alaska’s 2021 Cruise Season
- Royal Caribbean Makes Changes to Winter 2021/2022 Cruise Schedule
- Impressive Timelapse of New Cruise Ship Being Built [VIDEO]
- Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing
- Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
- Travel During A Pandemic: Visiting Disney Springs
- Cruise Podcast: How To Buy A Room On A Cruise Ship + News
- 21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
- New Cruise Ship Will Literally Change the Air You Breathe
- First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Sea Of Plenty: Six Holland America Ships Offer 2021 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Second MSC Cruise Ship Resumes European Sailings