The port of San Juan remained open after two separate earthquakes shook the southern region of Puerto Rico within 24 hours.
The 6.4 magnitude earthquake rocked the area of Guanica, Puerto Rico causing damages to some buildings and parts of the island to lose power.
Shortly after the quakes, the United States Coast Guard issued a statement confirming that all ports in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are open for business.
On Tuesday, Norwegian Encore, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Carnival Conquest called to San Juan.
Royal Caribbean’s Chief Meteorologist James Van Fleet tweeted on Tuesday morning, “Updating info for guests on this morning series of #Earthquake‘s in #PuertoRico. This occurred west of #Ponce, and is the complete opposite end of the island that we Port at in San Juan. Tsunami threat was minor and cancelled soon after the 6.4 this morning.”
Carnival Cruise Line told Cruise Radio, “There are no changes to our itineraries that call at San Juan or to sailings of our San Juan-based ship, Carnival Fascination. The epicenter and most damage are on the south side of the island, away from where our ships call and our guests visit.”
On Wednesday, Carnival Breeze, Oasis of the Seas, and Anthem of the Seas are scheduled to dock in San Juan.
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Why Carnival Cruise Line Wants You Excited About Half Moon Cay
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Holland America Releases 2021-2022 Caribbean Cruise Schedule
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Ax Cruises Through April 2021