The port of San Juan remained open after two separate earthquakes shook the southern region of Puerto Rico within 24 hours.
The 6.4 magnitude earthquake rocked the area of Guanica, Puerto Rico causing damages to some buildings and parts of the island to lose power.
Shortly after the quakes, the United States Coast Guard issued a statement confirming that all ports in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are open for business.
On Tuesday, Norwegian Encore, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Carnival Conquest called to San Juan.
Royal Carribean’s Cheif Meteorologist James Van Fleet tweeted on Tuesday morning, “Updating info for guests on this morning series of #Earthquake‘s in #PuertoRico. This occurred west of #Ponce, and is the complete opposite end of the island that we Port at in San Juan. Tsunami threat was minor and cancelled soon after the 6.4 this morning.”
Carnival Cruise Line told Cruise Radio, “There are no changes to our itineraries that call at San Juan or to sailings of our San Juan-based ship, Carnival Fascination. The epicenter and most damage are on the south side of the island, away from where our ships call and our guests visit.”
On Wednesday, Carnival Breeze, Oasis of the Seas, and Anthem of the Seas are scheduled to dock in San Juan.
- Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through August
- Canada Bans Cruise Ships Through October
- Looking Back: Celebrity Cruises Marks 30th Year in Service
- Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2020 Review + News
- Mexico Vows to Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers
- Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
- Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras