The port of San Juan remained open after two separate earthquakes shook the southern region of Puerto Rico within 24 hours.
The 6.4 magnitude earthquake rocked the area of Guanica, Puerto Rico causing damages to some buildings and parts of the island to lose power.
Shortly after the quakes, the United States Coast Guard issued a statement confirming that all ports in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands are open for business.
On Tuesday, Norwegian Encore, Nieuw Amsterdam, and Carnival Conquest called to San Juan.
Royal Carribbean’s Chief Meteorologist James Van Fleet tweeted on Tuesday morning, “Updating info for guests on this morning series of #Earthquake‘s in #PuertoRico. This occurred west of #Ponce, and is the complete opposite end of the island that we Port at in San Juan. Tsunami threat was minor and cancelled soon after the 6.4 this morning.”
Carnival Cruise Line told Cruise Radio, “There are no changes to our itineraries that call at San Juan or to sailings of our San Juan-based ship, Carnival Fascination. The epicenter and most damage are on the south side of the island, away from where our ships call and our guests visit.”
On Wednesday, Carnival Breeze, Oasis of the Seas, and Anthem of the Seas are scheduled to dock in San Juan.
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
- Final Look: Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through November 1
- Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More
- Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
- Cruise Podcast: Ship Scrapping Process with Peter Knego
- Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
- Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More
- Cruise Line Kicks Off Modest 2020 Alaska Season
- Stricken Norwegian Cruise Liner Cancels Next Sailing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Reclaiming Loyalty Points On Cancelled Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS23 hours ago
Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More