MSC Cruises Debuts Humanoid Robot Bartender
MSC Cruises has revealed that its new flagship, MSC Virtuosa, will have a humanoid robot bartender.
The robot will be able to shake up signature cocktails, as well as a large variety of custom drinks just as a human bartender would. It will also speak eight languages, which guests can choose from when they order.
The robot-tended bar will be part of a new spaceship-themed venue called MSC Starship Club.
Norwegian Extends Temporary Booking Policies
With cruise cancellations having already gone on much longer than originally intended, Norwegian Cruise Line is extending its Peace of Mind policy.
This is the program that allows guests to cancel their cruise for pretty much any reason right up until 15 days before sailing without penalty. The policy has now been extended to cover any bookings made before March 31 for voyages setting sail on or before October 31 of this year.
Also, any future cruise credits which were set to expire this year can now be used on new bookings made through the end of 2021.
Former Empress of the Seas Finds New Home in India
Indian startup cruise line Cordelia Cruises purchased former Royal Caribbean ship Empress of the Seas in December. The line is positioning itself as ‘India’s first premium cruise liner.’
Now, the ship has been renamed Empress and bears the new Cordelia Cruises logo on her hull.
According to the line’s website, Empress will sail two to seven-night cruises to Sri Lanka, the Maldives, and various ports in India.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida