Carnival Says Nassau Needs to Reinvent Itself
After a Carnival executive suggested that Nassau needs to essentially reinvent itself, the country’s Minister of Tourism has pushed back.
In a discussion with The Tribune, a senior VP at Carnival Cruise Line said that Nassau needs more activities for visitors.
The Bahamas Minister of Tourism shot back, saying that cruise lines need to stop marking up excursions so much that guests don’t see the value, and added that cruise lines need to work with the destination, not against it.
Cruises Could Begin in U.K. By Mid-May
The United Kingdom has suggested that cruises between British ports could begin as early as May 17.
For these domestic coastal sailings, crew will need to be tested and quarantine for two weeks on the ship before the first revenue cruise can begin.
Recently Princess, P&O, and Hurtigruten have all announced sailings for this summer along the British coast.
Three Cruise Lines Cancel More Cruises
Three more cruise lines have announced a further suspension in sailings.
Aside from Odyssey of the Seas cruises from Israel and sailings in Asia, Royal Caribbean has now canceled voyages through May 31, and Holland America has extended its suspension in Europe, canceling sailings there through June 30.
Princess Cruises has also canceled a variety of sailings through June 30, including those in the Caribbean and Mediterranean.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies