Carnival Says Nassau Needs to Reinvent Itself
After a Carnival executive suggested that Nassau needs to essentially reinvent itself, the country’s Minister of Tourism has pushed back.
In a discussion with The Tribune, a senior VP at Carnival Cruise Line said that Nassau needs more activities for visitors.
The Bahamas Minister of Tourism shot back, saying that cruise lines need to stop marking up excursions so much that guests don’t see the value, and added that cruise lines need to work with the destination, not against it.
Cruises Could Begin in U.K. By Mid-May
The United Kingdom has suggested that cruises between British ports could begin as early as May 17.
For these domestic coastal sailings, crew will need to be tested and quarantine for two weeks on the ship before the first revenue cruise can begin.
Recently Princess, P&O, and Hurtigruten have all announced sailings for this summer along the British coast.
Three Cruise Lines Cancel More Cruises
Three more cruise lines have announced a further suspension in sailings.
Aside from Odyssey of the Seas cruises from Israel and sailings in Asia, Royal Caribbean has now canceled voyages through May 31, and Holland America has extended its suspension in Europe, canceling sailings there through June 30.
Princess Cruises has also canceled a variety of sailings through June 30, including those in the Caribbean and Mediterranean.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Former Carnival Cruise Ship Now Sails With Chinese Line
- Viking Celebrates Float Out of Second Expedition Ship
- Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
- MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — July 28, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Horizon, A Journey In Photos Day 2: Seas The Day
- Princess Cruises Celebrates 20 Years of Shore Power in Juneau
- Carnival Cruise Line Launches Summer 2021 Alaska Season
- Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
- Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 562 Days
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Bimini Cruise Port: Everything You Need To Know
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Win For Florida As Appeals Court Strikes Down CDC Cruise Restrictions
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
500 Days Later, Every Major Cruise Line Is Sailing Again
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival President: Over Half The Fleet Will Sail By October