Florida and CDC Ordered Into Mediation
After hearing deliberations on May 12, the district judge in charge of the lawsuit between Florida and the CDC has ordered the opposing parties into mediation in an effort to resolve the issue.
Rather than grant Florida the injunction against the CDC’s Conditional Sailing Order, the judge wants the CDC and Florida to come to their own resolution. A mediator has been assigned to the case, and will be present to help the parties come to an agreement, though a resolution won’t be required.
The mediation must be conducted by June 1.
Enchantment of the Seas Docks in Nassau
Royal Caribbean’s ship Enchantment of the Seas docked in Nassau, Bahamas on Tuesday, a welcome sight in a usually-busy port.
The ship was there just a few hours for provisioning before heading back out.
Enchantment of the Seas is currently scheduled to operate five-night cruises from Baltimore to Bermuda beginning in July.
Viking Welcomes Newest Ocean Ship
Viking has officially welcomed its newest ocean ship to the fleet, Viking Venus.
During a naming ceremony on Monday, the ship’s godmother Anne Diamond offered a blessing of good fortune and safe sailing for the ship before assisting in breaking a bottle of Norwegian aquavit on the hull.
The event not only marked the ship becoming an official addition to the fleet, but it also commemorated Viking’s return to service after a 14 month pause.
On May 22, guests will embark Venus in Portsmouth for the first of five roundtrip cruises around England.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
- Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies
- Florida Lawsuit To Lift Cruising Restrictions Back In Court
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Despite Texas Vaccine Law, Carnival Cruise Line Set to Sail Out of Galveston
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS4 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs