Cunard has announced that they will be holding celebrations onboard their three ships Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria, and Queen Elizabeth for the Royal Wedding. On May 19, 2018, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be married, and those who can’t cross the pond to join in the celebrations in England will have the opportunity to do so onboard the line’s “Three Queens.”
The celebrations on the ships will include:
- Screening of the Royal Wedding
- Royal Wedding afternoon tea with special cakes including the Union Jack Butterfly, Chocolate Crown, Victoria Wedding Cake, and traditional finger sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, and jams
- Celebration cocktails including the Princess Bride, The King’s Steed, American Beauty, Midnight Over the Atlantic, and P.S. I Love You
- Commemorative dinner and keepsake menu in the main dining rooms onboard
- Celebration cake, modeled after the bride and groom’s, made of lemon and elderflower to be served in each of the restaurants
- Champagne at dinner
Guests on flagship liner Queen Mary 2 will be sailing on one of her signature transatlantic voyages, heading towards the UK as they celebrate. Those on Queen Elizabeth will be in St. Petersburg, Russia, and Queen Victoria guests will be in Portree, Scotland.
Cunard is no stranger to the royal family. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II attended her first Cunard event in 1938 when she was just 12 years old. Since then, The Queen has launched and named four Cunard ships. Her Majesty is the only person who as been present at the launch of all three ships named Queen Elizabeth – the first in 1938, QE2 in 1967, and Queen Elizabeth in 2010.
Those sailing on Queen Mary 2 have the opportunity to take part in pre and post-cruise tours in London with stops at Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey, among other regal venues.
- Why New Cruisers Are To Blame For Higher Fees
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 12, 2020
- 180 Day Bucket-List Cruise Setting Sail in 2022
- Weather Delays Impact Two Carnival Cruises
- Cruise Line Sued Over Bed Bug Infestation
- Viking Ocean Cruises is Launching an Expedition Brand
- Viking Ocean Ship Christened in Unique Ceremony
- 10 Scenic Destinations for a Holiday in the Midst of the Deep Blue Sea
- Carnival Ship Skips Two Ports and Makes Unexpected Stop
- The Cruiser’s Guide To Alaskan Train Rides