Disney Cruise Line is once again gearing up for their at-sea Christmas festivities coming later this fall with their Very Merrytime Cruises. All four of the line’s ships will be decked out in holiday decor and cheer just in time for the holidays.
Starting early November, Disney adds extra sparkle and magic to their ships with traditional “turkey day” fanfare, Christmas feasts, “snow flurries”, and New Years’ Eve galas.
Some activities and events during these special cruises through the new year include:
- “Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic” in the atrium lobby on the first night of the cruise, where Disney characters lead holiday carols and the lighting of the glittering, three-deck-tall tree.
- “Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball” in the atrium lobby, where Disney cruisers welcome the guests of honor, Santa and Mrs. Claus, with a grand celebration featuring Broadway-style entertainment, favorite Disney characters and classic holiday tunes. This evening of enchantment is made complete when a special pair of royal sisters joins the party and causes a flurry of “frozen” fun as a magical snowfall overtakes the atrium.
- Family holiday activities including building gingerbread houses and meeting Santa Claus.
- “Deck the Deck Holiday Party,” a tropical celebration with Disney friends leading games such as hula hooping and limbo under oversized candy canes, along with dances for the whole family like the “Yuletide Slide” and a conga line around the pool.
- A special holiday edition of the cheerful farewell celebration on the final night of each cruise, with beloved Disney characters and the ship’s crew in an engaging musical finale led by Mickey Mouse.
On Thanksgiving, guests will enjoy a Thanksgiving feast and visits from Mickey and Minnie in their traditional Thanksgiving attire. Also during the Thanksgiving voyages, NFL football games will be broadcast on the jumbo outdoor LED screens.
For Christmas, there will be services on Christmas Day and a midnight mass on Christmas Eve. Hanukkah services will be held each day December 6-14. When the ships stop in Castaway Cay, the celebration will continue with “snow flurries,” a decked-out Christmas tree, character meet-and-greets, and holiday island music.
To ring in 2016, voyages will include a special New Years’ Eve party, complete with music, sparkling wine, and a midnight countdown.
For more information and holiday itineraries, visit disneycruise.com.
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]