The demand for cruises to Alaska is great now and ever-growing, and Holland America is making moves to keep up.
The cruise line is moving ms Oosterdam from the Mediterranean to Alaska for the 2017 summer season. This brings the number of Holland America ships to seven in that region for a total of 135 Alaska departures – more than any other line.
Seven also seems to be Holland America’s lucky number next year, as it will be 2017, the company will be celebrating its 70th year in Alaska, and they’ll have 7 ships there. There will be 126 seven-day, and 9 fourteen-day “Great Alaskan Explorer” voyages that begin late April, and run through late September.
- 46 seven-days roundtrip from Vancouver, aboard Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, and Zaandam.
- Noordam and Zaandam will sail 18 one-way alternating north-south seven-day cruises between Vancouver and Seward, Alaska.
- Oosterdam will operate 21 seven-day cruises roundtrip from Seattle from April to September, and call in Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria, BC.
- Eurodam will depart Seattle on 22 roundtrip seven-days
- Amsterdam will sail one seven-day itinerary from Seattle, followed by nine 14-day Great Alaskan Explorer voyages.
Every itinerary will have scenic cruising of Alaska’s Inside Passage and at least one famous glacier of fjord. Guests are in for a once-in-a-lifetime view of Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier, Tracy Arm, and/or the twin Sawyer Glaciers.
The line’s unique Great Alaskan Explorer cruises will offer special ports of call, like Anchorage, Icy Strait Point, Homer, Kodiak, and Hubbard Glacier. Guests can also combine their cruise with a land journey that explore the Yukon and Alaska’s interior. For Holland America’s 70th anniversary in Alaska, there will be special celebrations throughout the year, which will be announced in the coming months.
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- 8 Tips, Hacks, and Ways to Save Money on a Carnival Cruise
- Cruise News Today — November 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Reopens to First Cruise Ship in 20 Months
- Cruise News Today — November 25, 2021 [VIDEO]
- New MSC Seashore Arrives in Jamaica, Docks Beside Sister-Ship
- Cruise News Today — November 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Chef Emeril Lagasse Cuts Ribbon on New Carnival Cruise Restaurant