Holland America Line has launched a video series in anticipation of the launch of their new ship, ms Koningsdam. Hosted by the ship’s inaugural cruise director Johnathan Rogers, “Countdown to Koningsdam” will provide construction updates and feature either one of the ship’s officers or a Holland America executive who will share the latest progress on the vessel.
The video series is designed to bring anticipation and excitement to the launch of the new ship, which will be in April. Among those who will be in the video series are Hotel Director Stan Kuppens, who will show the progress of the atrium and talk about his move to the yard; VP of Deployment and Tour Marketing Linda Springmann, who will talk about the inaugural year itineraries; Senior VP of Guest Experience Product Development Michael Smith, who will reveal details about the dining room; and more.
The host, Johnathan Rogers, speaks six languages (soon to be eight) and will put them to good use as the ship’s Cruise Director. He has worked on several Holland America ships and holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in linguistics and modern languages, respectively.
Videos as they’re released will be available here.
- Cruise News Today — January 22, 2022 [VIDEO]
- 7 Cruise Trends You’ll See in 2022
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review