Starting next month on the ms Westerdam, Holland America Line will start transforming the Crow’s Nest into a new area called Explorations Central. This new technology-based area will include digital screens, opportunities to learn more about the destination you’re visiting, and navigational information.
Over the past two years of being at the helm of Holland America, President Orlando Ashford has been helping the cruise line keep up with technology by making it a key part of the guest experience. This announcement is furthering that goal.
This area is set up to explore new destinations. You’ll find interactive table maps, port information, and explorations staff. Think huge iPads.
Holland America Line has always been known for their extensive library; now they’ll take it a step further with a curated collection of books themed around your itinerary. You can expect more books on history, geography, food, art, and culture.
The Explorations Cafe
Already a staple in the Crow’s Nest, the Explorations Cafe will remain the same offering coffees, pastries, and games.
Here you’ll find wall displays of destinations on the sailing which also allows guests to share their experiences.
A smaller space that allows group discussions with the explorations team and will host a book club.
Digital displays set up throughout the ship letting you know details of the ship’s navigation.
The first ship to receive Explorations Central is ms Westerdam, followed by five more ships throughout 2017.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021