Holland America Line’s ms Maasdam recently received a perfect health score on their US Public Health Inspection.
Health inspections are required for all passenger ships that call at a US port. They are unannounced and are carried out by officials from the US Public Health Service twice a year per ship. The score is assigned on the basis of a checklist involving dozens of areas of assessment, including cleanliness and sanitation of food. To earn a perfect score, cruise ships must pass a 44 item inspection that includes food handling, storage, galley inspection and even the pools are evaluated.
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants
- Uncertain Future For Crystal Cruises as Parent Company Sinks Under Debt
- Holland America Extends Cancellation Policy through September 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 19, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship