Holland America Line’s newest ship, the ms Koningsdam, wrapped up her inaugural Caribbean season this past weekend. On Sunday, the 2,650-guest ship left her Caribbean home of Port Everglades for Rome, to spend the summer months in Europe. On the 14-night voyage, she’ll make a call in Portugal and two calls in Spain – arriving Rome on April 15.
ms Koningsdam will spend the summer doing cruises in Northern Europe and the Mediterranean. The ship will reposition back to the Caribbean in October during a 15-night transatlantic crossing.
The ship debuted a lot of the cruise line’s newest culinary features like Sel de Mer, Culinary Arts Center dining experience, the Grand Dutch Cafe, and Blend, the hands-on wine blending area.
Her Majesty Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, christened the new ship at a ceremony in Rotterdam, last May.
- Unpaid Bills Result In Cruise Ship Arrest Warrant
- Carnival Keeps Masks, Testing, & Vaccinated Cruises Until Further Notice
- Cruise News Today — January 21, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Cruises Moving Two Ships to Asia For 2023-2024 Season
- Celebrity Cancels 2022 Europe Cruise Season for One Ship
- Carnival Horizon Returns to Miami Following Unexpected Dry Dock
- Cruise News Today — January 20, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: Carnival Magic Review 
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reduces ‘Free At Sea’ Perks
- New Royal Caribbean Ship Features Southern Dining, 20+ Restaurants