Hurricane Michael is the next storm that is disrupting cruise itineraries in the Gulf of Mexico, in what has been a relatively quiet hurricane season. As of Tuesday morning, the hurricane was spinning in the Gulf of Mexico and making her way towards Florida’s panhandle with landfall expected on Wednesday afternoon.
Carnival Cruise Line has revised the following itineraries:
- Carnival Triumph departed New Orleans on Monday for a five-day Caribbean cruise, will reverse its port calls, stopping on Wednesday in Yucatan (Progreso) and Thursday in Cozumel.
- Carnival Glory, currently on a seven-day Caribbean sailing that left Miami on Saturday, canceled its call in Grand Cayman on Monday and remained at sea.
- Carnival Freedom that departed Saturday from Galveston on a seven-day Caribbean cruise has canceled its call to Mahogany Bay on Monday and will remain at sea. The ship will call in Cozumel on Tuesday and Belize on Wednesday.
Norwegian Cruise Line has revised the following itineraries:
- Norwegian Getaway will now call to Falmouth, Jamaica on October 9 and Grand Cayman on October 10 before returning to her regularly scheduled itinerary. We are closely monitoring the storm and will provide additional updates as they become available.
Royal Caribbean has revised the following itineraries:
Royal Caribbean’s Chief Meteorologist, James Van Fleet, said on his Twitter account, Hurricane Michael has sustained winds around 140mph, and is Cat 4 strength. All RoyalCaribbean Ships have stayed behind the storm. Majesty off the Seas will arrive slightly delayed (estimate of 10am arrival) PortTampaBay. Grandeur of the Seas might leave 2 hours early Thu.
As of 8 a.m. Wednesday, Hurricane Michael’s top sustained winds were around 145 mph as it heads towards the Florida panhandle.
Updated: October 10, 2018, at 9:00 ET
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of November 10, 2019
- Carnival Cruise Line Rolls Out New Food Concept
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Dream 2019 Review + News
- Big Changes Ahead For Two Carnival Cruise Line Ships
- MSC Cruises Delays Private Island Opening Until December
- List of Pepsi Products Served on Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Line Ditches Coke For Pepsi
- 5 Things To Do in Dublin, Ireland
- Carnival Cruise Line Celebrates 25 Years in Tampa
- Cruise Line Delays Opening Of Private Island