MSC Meraviglia officially made per maiden call in Hamburg, Germany on Sunday, April 29, marking the start of her new season in northern Europe. The line also announced that MSC Grandiosa will be christened in Hamburg on November 2, 2019.
This summer, Meraviglia will be sailing in northern Europe, making a total of four MSC ships sailing in the region this year. They feature 36 different itineraries and six possible embarkation ports across Germany, the UK, France, and Denmark. These itineraries have been developed to offer travelers more time ashore to explore all of the sights, with extended and overnight stays in some cities.
Designed for all seasons, MSC Meraviglia will spend her first northern Europe season offering world-class entertainment with Cirque du Soleil at Sea, a wide choice of dining options, and a Mediterranean-style promenade featuring multiple bars, restaurants, and shops. Homeporting in Hamburg, the ship offers 10, 11, and 14-night cruises that include the British Isles and Iceland, or the breathtaking North Cape and the Norwegian archipelago, Spitzbergen.
In September, an 11-night itinerary takes guests through the Baltic capitals of Oslo, Stockholm, Tallinn, and Helsinki with an overnight in St. Petersburg.
MSC Preziosa will also offer seven-night cruises from Kiel and Copenhagen, and MSC Orchestra will offer seven and eleven-night cruises from Warnemunde.
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
- Final Look: Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through November 1
- Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More
- Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
- Cruise Podcast: Ship Scrapping Process with Peter Knego
- Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
- Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More
- Cruise Line Kicks Off Modest 2020 Alaska Season
- Stricken Norwegian Cruise Liner Cancels Next Sailing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Reclaiming Loyalty Points On Cancelled Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS23 hours ago
Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More