Do not be fooled. I repeat, do not be fooled by Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas. It’s not the only thing to do and see on this Bahamian island. In fact, this island has plenty to see and do and other resorts that offer amazing amenities to cruise passengers.
For example, located on Cable Beach – one of the best beaches in the world – you’ll find the Meliá Nassau Beach Hotel (formerly the Sheraton Cable Beach).
Some highlights of this beachfront resort:
- Access to Cable Beach – the resort is beach front
- 3 outdoor pools with waterfalls set in the gardens and with fantastic ocean views
- Lounge chairs located around the pools and beach areas
- Drink and Towel Service
- Activities including volleyball, water sports (snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, etc.), Caribbean dance classes and more
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Multiple restaurants and bars
You can easily spend a day in paradise at this hotel without breaking your budget. The hotel offers its amenities at a variety of price points designed to fit every cruiser’s needs. Check out your options below:
Basic Day Passes. A basic day pass is $30.00 per adult and $22.50 per child (ages 5 to 12). This basic pass includes access to Cable Beach, all three pools, lounge chairs and some of the non-motorized activities. Kind of a steep price but having been there, I’d pay it again.
Basic Day Passes with Food. This pass includes all the amenities of the Basic Day Pass and lunch. There are two options for lunch at the resort with this pass.
- Lunch at O’ Grille by the poolside is $50.00 for adults with children getting a 25% discount
- Lunch at The Market Place (a buffet restaurant) is $75.00 per adult with children getting a 25% discount
All-inclusive Day Passes. Want to take advantage of everything this resort has to offer – including drink specials? This is the pass option for you. This pass truly gives you call access all day – and night long. In the evening, the resort features shows, live music and themed nights.
- All- inclusive day pass is $115 per person and good from 9 AM to 5 PM
- All-inclusive Night Pass is $125 per person and good from 5 PM – 2 AM
- All-inclusive All Day Pass is $165 per person and good from 9 AM – 2 AM
No need to purchase your day passes ahead of time; you can purchase when you arrive to the resort. To get to the resort from the cruise terminal, you can use the local Nassau bus service ($1.25 per person) or a taxi ($4 per person each way).
Keep in mind, prices are subject to change, so it’s best to check directly with the resort for their current rates. This is just one of a few Nassau day pass options.
By Sarah Phillips
Have you subscribed to Cruise Radio yet? Subscribe to us on iTunes and Stitcher Radio Network.