Less than a month after announcing its roundtrip Bahamas sailings for this summer, Crystal is back with another 2021 cruise option: Iceland.
Crystal Endeavor is Crystal Expedition Cruises’ very first ship, and she will be spending her inaugural season circumnavigating the beautiful landscapes of Iceland. The vessel will operate five 10-night immersive voyages in the region beginning July 17, 2021.
The ‘Luxury Iceland Expedition’ voyages will sail roundtrip from the country’s capital of Reykjavík, which is just a six-hour flight from New York City and a three-hour flight from London.
The itinerary has been designed to take travelers off the beaten path of traditional cruise routes, and travelers will have plenty of daylight to enjoy what the destinations have to offer due to the summer season’s almost endless daylight.
Highlights of the itinerary include:
- Overnight stays in Reykjavík and Akureyri
- A call to Grímsey Island and crossing the Arctic Circle
- The Arnarfjörður fjord
- Dynjandi Waterfall
- The famous geothermal springs of Vopnafjörđur and Seyđisfjörđur
- Pink and red-sand Rauðasandur Beach
- Iceland’s whale-watching capital of Húsavík
- Heimaey, home to a beluga whale sanctuary
- Flatey Island, a floating nature preserve that’s home to thousands of puffins, Eider ducks, Black Guillemots, and Arctic Terns
- Vigur and the Látrabjarg Cliffs, where thousands of puffins reside
- The opportunity to stand on the Bridge Between Two Continents, which connects North America with Eurasia
During Crystal’s expedition sailings, expedition guides and guest experts will be on hand to offer insights into the local environments, landmarks, and traditions. Depending on the itinerary, the expedition team will include biologists, marine biologists, naturalists, historians, ornithologists, geologists, ecologists, and others.
A pre- and post-cruise hotel program at the Hotel Borg in Reykjavík will allow passengers to extend their vacation in the heart of the city. Passengers who take advantage of this program will have the option of one, two, or three-night stays that include transfers between the ship, the hotel, and the airport.
About Crystal Endeavor
Crystal Endeavor‘s staterooms are among the largest, most spacious suites in expedition cruising. There will be four types of suites to chose from, each with private balconies.
Each suite includes a king-sized bed, walk-in closet, heated storage for drying coats, and interactive streaming TVs. Bathrooms are equipped with heated floors, dual vanities, anti-fog mirrors, and rainfall showerheads.
Endeavor features eight different dining venues, as well as a variety of lounges and bars. A glass-covered, two-story Solarium houses a pool and jacuzzi, transforming into a stage and dance floor at night.
The ship is also equipped with two helicopters, a six-guest submersible, snorkeling equipment, and a fleet of zodiac boats and kayaks.
Health and Safety
Until further notice, all passengers sailing with Crystal must be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to boarding. Other health measures include COVID-19 testing, reduced capacity, social distancing, a mask policy, and extensive cleaning procedures.
Cruise fares for the Luxury Iceland Expeditions start at $13,999 per passenger, including up to double Book Now Savings at $3,000 for a limited time. Passengers will receive a $300 per person onboard credit. Crystal Society Savings will double to five percent, and new-to-Crystal passengers will save 2.5 percent.
Those with Future Cruise Credits and Future Cruise Payments may use them on these sailings.
READ MORE: 9 Reasons To Cruise Crystal Serenity
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida