Odyssey of the Seas, Royal Caribbean’s latest Quantum Ultra-class cruise ship, will homeport in Rome (Civitavecchia) for her first summer season, the cruise line recently announced.
The ship, scheduled to debut in November 2020, will homeport in Fort Lauderdale offering 6- and 8-night Caribbean itineraries in winter 20/21 before setting sail for the Mediterranean in May 2021. Seven, 9- and 12-night Eastern Mediterranean cruises will be offered from Civitavecchia, Rome’s closest cruise port.
“Odyssey will set the standard for delivering unforgettable European adventures, on which travelers will cruise to an exceptional combination of destinations that are in a league of their own as the most popular ports in the Eastern Mediterranean,” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “With extended stays and overnights, Royal Caribbean is combining amazing itineraries with our game-changing ship to create a truly one-of-a-kind Europe vacation.”
The ship will cruise to Santorini, Mykonos and Athens, Greece; Ephesus and Rhodes, Turkey; Naples, Italy; Heraklion, Crete; and Haifa and Jerusalem, Israel.
Longer stays in port – up to 15 hours, in some cities – will allow cruisers more time to explore and experience these world-famous destinations after dark.
Odyssey of the Seas is currently open for bookings.
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Why Carnival Cruise Line Wants You Excited About Half Moon Cay
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Holland America Releases 2021-2022 Caribbean Cruise Schedule
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Ax Cruises Through April 2021
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021