Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has officially broken group on their new Norwegian Cruise Line terminal at PortMiami. The Miami-Dade County Board of Commissioners approved the project on April 10, and construction is set to begin on May 1.
“This iconic terminal represents our continued partnership with Miami-Dade County, our commitment to excellence and Miami as a world capital,” said Frank Del Rio, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. “As a global cruise company we’re transforming and elevating guest experiences through design and innovation on our ships, and this new terminal at PortMiami is the next step in that journey. We are honored to be here today alongside the team dedicated to making this dream a reality.”
At nearly 166,500 square feet, the terminal will accommodate ships of up to 5,000 passengers, and will feature technology that aids in embarkation and disembarkation, making the process much faster and more efficient. The terminal’s design was inspired by the Fibonacci nautilus, an example of the golden ratio of perfection. It will be a glass-encased building that offers picturesque ocean views.
The facility is scheduled for completion by fall 2019, as the newest ship of the Breakaway Plus class – Norwegian Encore – debuts in Miami with seasonal cruises to the Caribbean.
Click here for more details and renderings of the new Miami terminal.
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
- Final Look: Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through November 1
- Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More
- Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
- Cruise Podcast: Ship Scrapping Process with Peter Knego
- Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
- Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More
- Cruise Line Kicks Off Modest 2020 Alaska Season
- Stricken Norwegian Cruise Liner Cancels Next Sailing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Reclaiming Loyalty Points On Cancelled Cruises
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS23 hours ago
Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Line Relaunching With Masks, Rapid Testing and More