Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has officially broken group on their new Norwegian Cruise Line terminal at PortMiami. The Miami-Dade County Board of Commissioners approved the project on April 10, and construction is set to begin on May 1.
“This iconic terminal represents our continued partnership with Miami-Dade County, our commitment to excellence and Miami as a world capital,” said Frank Del Rio, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. “As a global cruise company we’re transforming and elevating guest experiences through design and innovation on our ships, and this new terminal at PortMiami is the next step in that journey. We are honored to be here today alongside the team dedicated to making this dream a reality.”
At nearly 166,500 square feet, the terminal will accommodate ships of up to 5,000 passengers, and will feature technology that aids in embarkation and disembarkation, making the process much faster and more efficient. The terminal’s design was inspired by the Fibonacci nautilus, an example of the golden ratio of perfection. It will be a glass-encased building that offers picturesque ocean views.
The facility is scheduled for completion by fall 2019, as the newest ship of the Breakaway Plus class – Norwegian Encore – debuts in Miami with seasonal cruises to the Caribbean.
Click here for more details and renderings of the new Miami terminal.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019
- Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
- Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
- Cruisers Mourn Passing Of Jack’s Shack Pup Topher
- Guy’s Burger Joint Now Serves Breakfast
- Carnival Sends Another Cruise Ship To California
- Nassau Vows To Fight “Very Real Problem” Of Crime
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
REVIEWS3 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
CRUISE NEWS21 hours ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019