Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
This isn’t an April Fool’s joke. Norwegian Cruise Line is again increasing their daily service charge by forty-nine cents, effective April 1, 2019. This will be the second year in a row that the cruise line has raised their daily service charge.
Last fall, the cruise line increased their Ultimate Drink Package to $99 per guest ($118.80 after the gratuity), up from $89.
What You Will Pay After April 1?
For all ships excluding Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive
- $17.99 USD per person per day for The Haven, Concierge and Suites
- $14.99 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types
Norwegian Sky All-Inclusive and Norwegian Sun All-Inclusive
- $23.49 USD per person per day for Suites
- $20.49 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types
The daily increase falls in line with their increase last year.
In 2017, the line raised the daily charge by fifty cents for standard categories and by $1.49 for The Haven and suite guests.
Why Do They Call It A Service Charge?
What most cruise lines call daily gratuities, Norwegian Cruise Line calls a daily service charge, this is because the cruise does not see all of the money of the charge.
Norwegian Cruise Line’s website says, “Staff members including complimentary restaurant staff, stateroom stewards and behind-the-scenes support staff are compensated by a combination of salary and incentive programs that your service charge supports.”
A frequent Norwegian cruise guest told us, “This comes with the territory of cruising. Another reason to prepay your gratuities when you book your sailing.”
He went on to say, “Do I like it? No. But I’m also not going to let it change how I spend my vacation.”
Prepay Now and Save
If you have a cruise booked after April 1, 2019, and want to save on the increase, you can prepay your service charge by March 31, and have it locked in at the current rate.
- Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
- 8 Best Things To Do in Split (Croatia)
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Review 2019 + News
- Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
- Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
- 8 Things to Do in Kotor
- Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Cruise Excursion
- Ungrateful Carnival Cruisers Whine About Free Gift
- Hurricane Humberto Cruise Line Itinerary Changes
- Sitka Alaska Cruise Port Information
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Ungrateful Carnival Cruisers Whine About Free Gift
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Hurricane Reveals People We Don’t Want To Cruise With
EDITORIAL1 day ago
Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The Solo Cruiser Deal Too Good To Pass Up
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line To Stretch Ship, Spend $140 Million On Upgrades
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Hurricane Humberto Cruise Line Itinerary Changes
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Cruise Excursion