Norwegian Cruise Line has extended its temporary “Peace of Mind” policy through November 30, 2020. Before the change, the policy was only valid through October 2020.
Norwegian’s website outlines the policy:
Peace of Mind is the company’s new temporary policy that allows new and existing (non-charter) individual and group bookings (booked by July 31, 2020) embarking through and including November 30, 2020 to cancel their booking up until 48 hours from the start of their vacation date and receive a 100% future cruise credit (FCC).
The FCC may be used for sailings that embark on or before December 31, 2022. The new booking must be made within one year of the cancelation date.
What to Know About The Policy
The future cruise credit is only the cruise portion of your fare, taxes, and fees will be refunded back to your original form of payment. It’s important to know that if a guest wants to cancel their cruise and receive a cash refund, they must purchase a travel insurance policy that includes cancel for any reason coverage. As long as you cancel for a covered reason, you’ll be eligible a refund.
READ MORE: Should I Buy Travel Insurance?
Like other cruise lines, Norwegian Cruise Line rolled out this policy to help consumer confidence by allowing them to back of their sailing up to 48 hours before departure. The “Peace of Mind” policy lets the guest cruise when they are comfortable to sail.
Norwegian Sky Ship Tour
- Norwegian Cruise Line Addresses Ship-Selling Rumors
- Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
- 21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of August 2, 2020
- Mediterranean Cruises Resume From Italy On August 15
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
21 Haunting Images of Carnival Inspiration’s Final Day
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Reveals Timeline, Details On Return
CRUISE NEWS17 hours ago
Unpaid Crew Members File Lawsuit Against Cruise Line