The Miami-Dade County Commission has approved ratification of the agreement for Brightline, soon to be Virgin Trains, to build a station at PortMiami by 2020. The Virgin Trains PortMiami station will be a U.S. transit first as the only intercity rail system in the U.S. connecting an international airport (Orlando International Airport), directly to a major cruise port (PortMiami). This seamless car-free mobility solution will connect Central Florida to the “cruise capital of the world.”
Brightline, soon to be Virgin Trains, develops and operates privately funded high-speed intercity passenger rail systems connecting large populations too far to drive and too close to fly. Current train service operates from downtown Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach with phase 2 construction underway to connect Orlando in 2022.
Due to demand along the South Florida corridor, an additional station in Aventura is approved and Virgin Trains is working with the city of Boca Raton to add a station in 2020.
Last year the Cruise Capital of the World served more than 5.5 million travelers, more cruise passengers than any other port in the world. PortMiami is currently home to 22 cruise lines, and will welcome Virgin Voyages in 2020. New cruise terminals and office headquarters will soon be opening or in the pipeline for leading brands including Royal Caribbean Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line and MSC Cruises.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
EDITORIAL2 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021