Royal Caribbean has announced that certain four-legged friends will no longer be welcome on their cruise ships.
The company has updated their animal policy to ban emotional support animals, otherwise known as therapy or comfort pets. A therapy pet is considered any animal that relieves loneliness and can help with anxiety, depression, and certain phobias, according to the Americans with Disabilities Act National Network.
Emotional support animals are not to be confused with service animals, which Royal defines as “any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of a person with a disability.” Emotional support animals don’t have any special training certifications, but service animals do.
Royal Caribbean does allow for service animals to sail with their owners on any cruise ship, and they also provide 4 foot by 4 foot areas with cypress mulch so that they can relieve themselves. The policy change is effective immediately, but anyone who made a reservation prior to July 30 will still be allowed to sail with their therapy pet.
- Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift
- Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
- Princess Cruises Takes Delivery of Sky Princess
- Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
- Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
- Top Ways to Take Your Cruise to the Next Level
- Post-Cruise Depression: The Struggle Is Real
- Cruise Podcast: Symphony of the Seas 2019 Review + News
- Why Carnival’s New Safety Video is A Game Changer
- Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Why Carnival’s New Safety Video is A Game Changer
EDITORIAL3 days ago
Post-Cruise Depression: The Struggle Is Real
CRUISE NEWS11 hours ago
Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
EDITORIAL1 day ago
Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Why We Cruise Wednesday: Sunsets
EDITORIAL3 hours ago
Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift