(Updated December 1, 2020 11:25 am) On the heels of Disney Wonder arriving in Port Canaveral last Friday, Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream are now en route to the very same place.
The ships have departed Brest, France with the Sunshine State as their final destination on December 2nd (Fantasy) and December 9th (Dream). Both ships have been waiting out the industry shutdown at the French shipyard for the past few months. It was at that shipyard that all four Disney vessels were together in the same place for the very first time.
Disney Wonder was the first of Disney Cruise Line’s fleet to leave France and head across the Atlantic to Florida, arriving at Port Canaveral early Friday morning.
It is now docked at Disney’s private island in the Bahamas — Castaway Cay. It is unclear whether Wonder will stay at Castaway Cay until the line is ready to operate its first trial sailing, or whether it will move around a bit.
When the cruise industry shut down worldwide in March, Disney’s ships spent months floating off the coast of Florida during crew repatriation efforts. Once the crew were off the ships and back home, Disney Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy all headed over to the shipyard in Brest.
First Officer on Disney Dream, Dave Krijgsman, posted this photo on his Instagram when the ships all met for the first time.
View this post on Instagram
With both Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream headed over to Florida just behind Wonder, it’s a good indication that these three vessels might be the first in Disney’s fleet to operate trial sailings as per the CDC’s Conditional Sailing Order.
Disney Cruise Line is set to resume regular passenger sailings in early February 2021.
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
- Miami Added as Embarkation Port For Bahamas Cruises
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras