(Updated December 1, 2020 11:25 am) On the heels of Disney Wonder arriving in Port Canaveral last Friday, Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream are now en route to the very same place.
The ships have departed Brest, France with the Sunshine State as their final destination on December 2nd (Fantasy) and December 9th (Dream). Both ships have been waiting out the industry shutdown at the French shipyard for the past few months. It was at that shipyard that all four Disney vessels were together in the same place for the very first time.
Disney Wonder was the first of Disney Cruise Line’s fleet to leave France and head across the Atlantic to Florida, arriving at Port Canaveral early Friday morning.
It is now docked at Disney’s private island in the Bahamas — Castaway Cay. It is unclear whether Wonder will stay at Castaway Cay until the line is ready to operate its first trial sailing, or whether it will move around a bit.
When the cruise industry shut down worldwide in March, Disney’s ships spent months floating off the coast of Florida during crew repatriation efforts. Once the crew were off the ships and back home, Disney Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy all headed over to the shipyard in Brest.
First Officer on Disney Dream, Dave Krijgsman, posted this photo on his Instagram when the ships all met for the first time.
View this post on Instagram
With both Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream headed over to Florida just behind Wonder, it’s a good indication that these three vessels might be the first in Disney’s fleet to operate trial sailings as per the CDC’s Conditional Sailing Order.
Disney Cruise Line is set to resume regular passenger sailings in early February 2021.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies