Virgin Voyages and Emerald Brand have announced a strategic sustainability partnership to deliver Virgin Voyages’ Sailors a unique, Tree-Free™ and plastic-free experience on board their new fleet of ships.
Banning Single Use Plastic
Virgin Voyages is among the first of major cruise lines to ban Sailor-facing, single-use plastic. Their goal: to fully embed sustainability into their business model through their operations and the Sailor experience itself. In addition to replacing single-use plastics with reusable items, Virgin and Emerald will deliver a Tree-Free™ experience through the ship’s disposable paper products.
Bath tissue, facial tissue, hot cups, paper towels, and napkins will be made from 60% to 100% Tree-Free™ material. These products are made with unique technology that uses the by-product of agricultural crops that are typically burned or wasted, in place of trees.
Also announced that sailors will have access to extraordinary brews from Intelligentsia Coffee. The specialty coffee pioneer and Virgin Voyages’ partnership will be rooted in shared values of commitment to quality and responsible sourcing.
Coffee lovers should rejoice because Virgin Voyages Sailors will never have a bad cup on their holiday. Virgin Voyages’ exclusive Intelligentsia blend will be available complementary at all eateries onboard Scarlet Lady and her sister lady ships.
The Virgin Voyages Blend sources fresh coffee year-round, from Intelligentsia’s Northern season menu in the summer and fall and Southern season menu in the winter and spring. Throughout the year, Intelligentsia’s team creates a consistent flavor experience, balancing the comfort of familiar flavors with a spirit of adventure and discovery. Look for caramelized sugars, a touch of roastiness, and the natural sweetness that is the hallmark of Intelligentsia’s very best coffees.
The partnership begins on the Scarlet Lady, setting sail in 2020.
Source: Virgin Voyages
- Second Carnival Corporation Ship Returns To Cruising in Europe
- Cruise Line Details How They Are Keeping Guests Safe [VIDEO]
- Motion Sickness: Choosing the Right Ship, Cabin, and Itinerary
- Virgin Voyages Announces Longer Caribbean Cruises
- Carnival Honors Drink Package Discounts From Cancelled Cruises
- Set Sail Safely Act Introduced To Reopen Cruise Industry
- 5 Reasons Carnival Selling Cruise Ships Is A Good Thing
- Cruise Podcast: Norwegian Sky 2020 Review + News
- How to Combat Motion Sickness on a Cruise
- Your Favorite Cruise Director Can Now Host At-Home Game Night
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Corp. Sells More Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Cancels Return Of Four Cruise Ships Until Early 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Confirms Sale of Two Fantasy-Class Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Set Sail Safely Act Introduced To Reopen Cruise Industry