Carnival Panorama is the last Vista-class ship for Carnival Cruise Line. After making her Long Beach, California debut in late 2019, the ship sails seven-night Mexican Riviera cruises.
It could be said that Panorama is not only the last in the class, but also the best in the class. The ship received a slew of enhancements that are the result of lessons learned since Carnival Vista was first introduced back in 2016.
READ MORE: Review of Carnival Panorama
Here we will detail the differences from we saw from Carnival Horizon to Carnival Panorama. Keep in mind while going through this that not every deck saw changes but we’ve included every public deck for consistency.
The left image is Carnival Horizon, with the Panorama to the right.
No reported changes on this deck.
No reported changes on this deck.
Changes on this deck were made in the two main dining rooms.
1. The forward Horizon dining room removed the large captain’s table in the front and replaced it with eight smaller tables. This is the restaurant which is used for traditional dining.
2. The aft Vista dining room took out the bar and the hightop table, replacing those with more tables. That captain’s table that was removed from the forward dining room seemed to reappear in the aft Vista dining room.
3. Carnival went with a more faux wood look on Panorama, compared to the previous two ships. The wood-like finish is not only noticeable here but throughout the entire ship.
1. Some of the seating has been removed around the atrium and replaced with smaller shops.
2. The Club O2 teen area was relocated to deck six in order to make space for Carnival Kitchen. Carnival Kitchen offers for-fee cooking courses that starts at $39 per guest.
3. The SkyBox Sports Bar was replaced with the Heroes Tribute Bar. While the new space on Carnival Panorama is military-themed and designed to honor members of the armed services, it does still serve as a sports bar. You’ll still find large-screen TVs and the sports ticker here.
1. There is no longer an ice cream shop inside the Cherry on Top specialty shop. This has been replaced with an expanded selection of merchandise, some of which is exclusively available on Panorama.
1. The Club O2 (ages 15-17) is now next to Circle C (ages 12-14).
2. The Warehouse Arcade was moved midship.
4. They added 9 additional interior staterooms. The new cabins are numbered 6366, 6272, 6344, 6342, 6340, 6338, 6336, 6334, and 6332.
1. The Sky Zone trampoline park replaced the IMAX Theater. Sky Zone is a for-fee attraction that charges $12 an hour (as of this writing) for an hour of open-bounce time. Because the Sky Zone extends up only two decks (as opposed to the three decks occupied by the Imax Theater), Carnival was able to add more staterooms on deck 9 and yet still retain a revenue-generating, family-friendly space.
1. Two interior staterooms were added by the forward port and starboard side elevators. The additional rooms are numbers 8268 and 8267.
2 The second level of the Sky Zone is in place of what was the second level of the IMAX theater.
1. 13 interior staterooms were added to what was the third deck of the IMAX theater. The added rooms are those numbered 9281, 9282, 9285, 9286, 9289, 9290, 9293, 9294, 9297, 9298, 9301, 9302, and 9305.
1. There are additional carpeted sections in the Lido Marketplace to make the area more slip-resistant, and double doors were added to the exit as you head to the aft pool. This helps keep the cool, air-conditioned air in the buffet area.
1. Three bathrooms that can be accessed from the outside aft deck were added. A men’s restroom was added to the port side, the starboard side saw a women’s restroom and an accessible unisex restroom.
No reported changes
There was a policy change for the SkyRide. When it debuted in 2016 on Carnival Vista, there was a weight limit of 300 pounds. Since then, they have reduced the weight limit. Carnival’s website now says, “SkyRide has a minimum height requirement of 54 inches and a weight limit of 250 pounds.”
No reported changes.
Carnival Panorama Tour (2019)
- First Hospital Ship En Route to New York City
- Cruise Line Rescue Could Come At A Price
- Seattle Puts 2020 Cruise Season On Pause
- Carnival Australia Extends Cruise Cancellations
- How to Change or Cancel a Carnival Cruise
- Royal Caribbean Suspends Cruises Until At Least May 12
- Closing Bell Update: Cruise Line Stocks Rebound
- Carnival Cruise Line Extends Pay For Displaced Crew Members
- Behind The Fight To Keep Cruise Lines Afloat
- Drone Captures Docked Cruise Ships [PHOTOS]