These days cruise ships offer a lot more than family pools and spas. Now, you can find full-blown water parks with pools that will bring out the kid in you again.
We’ve found some cruise ship pools, for both family and kids, that you may like on your next cruise.
1. Waterfall Pool
Found on Carnival Sunshine, this is one of the only freshwater swimming pools at sea. It’s in the adults-only Serenity area of the ship and is three decks tall. This makes it a perfect area to chill out in the water below, and sip a piña colada.
2. Extended Hot Tubs
If you’re sailing a Carnival Dream-class ship, be sure to check out the hot tubs that extend out over the side of the ship. Located just outside of Ocean Plaza, these whirlpools cross relaxation with thrill. They also offer gorgeous ocean views.
Thrill seekers who want to surf or boogie board 100+ feet above sea level will love Royal Caribbean’s FlowRider. This 40-foot long surf simulator even has stadium seating, so you’ll get perfect views of your friends hanging 10 like a pro – or wiping out!
4. Norwegian Epic
The waterpark on Norwegian Epic combines a pool, a splash zone, and waterslides for the ultimate thrill – and chill! It features fountains, squirters, and three water slides. There’s a water slide for everyone here, ranging from tame to terrifying. But if you’re not into the slides you can cool off in the pool instead.
5. Viking Star
You don’t usually think an infinity pool would be on a cruise ship, but the Viking Star will change your mind about that. This glass-backed infinity pool is a beautiful, relaxing spot during the day. At night, the space is transformed into the Aquavit Terrace, where you can dine to the sounds of music playing.
I’d be remiss if I forgot to mention the Solarium pool on Celebrity Cruises or the aft pools with spectacular views on Holland America Line’s Signature-class ships, as well.
Bottom line: There are so many pools at sea!
Do you have a favorite pool or water park at sea?
- Cruise Line Thanks Authorities Who Brought Home Stranded Guests
- Sick Cruise Ship Gets Approval to Dock in Florida
- Cruise Podcast: Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas 2020 + News
- How to Make Fruit Loop Crusted French Toast
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise Day 2, Fun Day At Sea
- Carnival Cancels Additional Sailings, Including Alaska and Europe
- Cancellations, Compensation and Refund Policies by Cruise Line
- Viking Launches Mississippi River Cruises
- Carnival Sunrise Virtual Cruise To Nowhere, Day 1
- How to Use a Future Cruise Credit