Recently I just returned from a seven-night Western Caribbean sailing on Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Pearl. If you’ve an avid listener to the show, you’ve heard us interview Shore Excursions Group last fall (hear interview here). Well this time, I wanted to put Shore Excursions Group to the test.
During that test, I learned five things about the shore tour company:
1. Ease of booking. It couldn’t be any easier when it comes to booking your shore excursion through their website. Just head to their home page, click on your ship, the date, the port of call and it gives you what excursions are available. It doesn’t get any easier than pointing and clicking on a website.
2. Makes budgeting easy. When we go on vacation we’re all on a budge! If you’re like me, you don’t want a huge bill at the end of your cruise. With Shore Excursions Group, you pre-book your cruise excursion and you’re sent an itinerary and an e-ticket. On a personal note, I found it easier because I didn’t have to buy my excursion on the ship and have to keep track of my excursion budget.
3. You’ll make it back to the ship. A big misconception with third party shore excursion companies is that you don’t make it back to the ship, you’re on your own. That is partially true, but not so much these days. With Shore Excursions Group, you will make it back to your ship and if by some chance you don’t, the company will send you to your next port of call and give you $500 for the inconvenience. On our recent shore excursion, we made it back with an hour to spare.
4. Lower tour pricing. This one is simple, the company states on their website, “We guarantee that our prices are the lowest you can find. If you find a lower price for a tour we offer, we will match it.”
5. Not cattle herded. I’m not a big fan of waiting, especially when it comes to shore excursions. You find yourself waiting in the auditorium until your number is called and then you’re dismissed to leave. It’s like playing follow the leader until you get off the ship, loaded into a motor coach and taken to your destination. Most Shore Excursion Group tours have smaller, if not private, transportation to and from your excursion.
To find out more about Shore Excursions Group, you can find their website at https://www.ShoreExcursionsGroup.com.