One of Carnival cruisers’ favorite new pastimes on the Fun Ships is to hit the Alchemy Bar for a pre-dinner cocktail or some late night liquor. And thanks to some generous cruisers who posted the recipes to the Cruise Critic user boards, we now know how to make these tonics at home.
1. Caribbean Manhattan
- 2 dashes anhostura bitter
- 2 oz Maker’s Mark bourbon whiskey
- 1 oz sweet vermouth
- ½ oz Monin spiced brown sugar syrup
Mix ingredients over ice, stir, and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with cocktail cherry.
2. Curative Peach Cosmopolitan
- 1½ oz Absolut Citron vodka
- ¾ oz peach schnapps
- ¼ oz Vitality Lemonade
- 2 oz cranberry juice
Add all ingredients into shaker, add ice, and shake vigorously. Strain into a glass and garnish with lemon peel.
3. Cucumber Sunrise
- 2 slices cucumber
- 2 oz Absolut vodka
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Monin watermelon syrup
- ¾ oz orange juice
In a pint glass, muddle the cucumbers. Add all ingredients into the pint glass and fill with ice. Cover the glass with a shaker and shake for 5 seconds. Double strain it into another pint glass filled with ice (strain into the glass through a fine strainer after passing through regular strainer). Garnish with a slice of cucumber.
4. Forty is the New Twenty
- 1¼ oz Skyy Vodka
- 1 oz Pama Pomegranate Liqueur
- ½ oz pomegranate syrup
- ½ oz Vitality Lemonade
- 1 oz cranberry juice
Add ingredients into a shaker and fill with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a glass. Garnish with lime.
5. Martini Seduction
- 2 oz Stoli Ohranj (orange) vodka
- 1 oz Monin Red Passion Fruit syrup
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz orange juice
Add all ingredients into a pub glass and fill it with ice. Shake for at least 10 seconds. Strain into a chilled glass. Rub rim with orange peel and drop in.
6. Deal Closer
- 1 oz Cruzan Vanilla Rum
- ½ oz amaretto
- ¾ oz Baileys
- ½ oz Dark Créme De Cacao
- Squirt of chocolate syrup
Pour into a mixing cup, fill with ice, and shake for 10 seconds. Strain into a short glass filled with ice. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
7. Spicy Chipotle Pineapple Martini
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz Monin Chipotle Pineapple syrup
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 6-8 mint leaves
Muddle the mint leaves with simple syrup and the chipotle pineapple syrup in the bottom of a shaker. Then add remaining ingredients, fill with ice, and shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass.
Photo credit: Marcy Bucy
- Carnival President Tells NBC Nightly News They Still Plan on July Restart
- Another Carnival Corp. Ship Resumes Cruises From Italy
- CDC Eases Testing Requirements For Fully-Vaccinated Cruise Passengers
- New Norwegian Cruise Ship Boasts Record-Breaking Sales
- Royal Caribbean Pulls Odyssey Out Of Israel As Violence Increases
- Carnival Cruise Line Names Upcoming Mardi Gras’ Godmother
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of May 9, 2021
- 11 Popular Things To Do in Key West, Florida
- Disney Wish Tour: The Images That Will Leave You Breathless
- Azamara Announces New Onboard ‘Destination Celebration’ Events
DESTINATIONS4 days ago
5 Free Public Beaches in Nassau, Bahamas
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Florida’s Governor Just Insulted a Major Cruise Line
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Federal Court Judge To Decide On Florida’s Call For Injunction Over CDC Rules
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Sensation Arrives at US Port to Begin Crew Vaccinations [PHOTOS]