Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line announced recently that their second ship will begin sailing on April 13, 2018. Reservations are now open with a special buy one, get one free booking offer.
With the second ship, Grand Classica, entering service, Bahamas Paradise will be the only cruise line to offer daily departures to Grand Bahama Island from the Port of Palm Beach, becoming the largest provider of tourism to the island. The two ships are expected to carry around 500,000 passengers annually to Freeport.
The Classica underwent a major refurbishment in 2014, and in October 2017 a comprehensive dry dock took place to improve infrastructure and make improvements and refurbishments to get her ready for Bahamas Paradise and the US market. The ship has 10 passenger decks and a guest capacity of 1,680 with 658 staterooms.
Grand Classica will have a total of eight dining options:
- The Yellow Elder – The main dining room is complimentary and was named after the national flower of the Bahamas. Two seating times will be offered for guests. A portion of The Yellow Elder will also offer MyTime Dining for those who prefer flexible dining times.
- Admiral’s Steak & Seafood – As featured on Grand Celebration, the Line’s signature specialty restaurant aboard Grand Classica will offer a five-course gourmet meal where guests can choose from fresh seafood or a steak with exceptional cuts like Black Angus and Certified Angus beef.
- The Rock Grill –A new interactive experience for dinner outside, located on deck 10 aft with ocean views — guests will cook meats tableside on a lava rock grill and can also order The Bull specialty burgers (a favorite concept already on Grand Celebration which combines premium meats with chef-created unique burger pairings), along with drinks and full bar service.
- A Slice Above – Mama mia! A new concept for lunch and dinner on deck 9, serving Italian fare, including flat breads, calzones and build-your-own gourmet pizzas.
- The Grand Café – Mirroring Grand Celebration’s newly introduced Grand Café, this specialty coffee and gelato bar will also offer a variety of hot or iced specialty coffees, teas and other beverages, including smoothies and freshly squeezed juices. In the morning, guests can indulge in chocolate croissants, Viennese pastries, muffins and quiche. Throughout the day, the Grand Café will offer delectable sweet treats, including delicious homemade gelato, sorbet, cakes, tarts, cupcakes and chocolate truffles.
- The Crow’s Nest Sports Bar & Grill – A new concept for both ships, this outlet sits high atop deck 14 on Grand Classica and will be the perfect place for sports viewings shown on numerous large LCD screens and will serve a selection of beer, cocktails and classic pub fare. Guests can also enjoy classic pub games such as pool, darts, skee-ball and vintage arcade games. Grand Celebration will unveil its newly developed Crow’s Nest Sports Bar & Grill in March.
- The Ocean View Buffet – A complimentary buffet located on Deck 10, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks.
- Room Service – Complimentary room service will be offered; guests can also order The Bull specialty burgers from room service, a la carte.
- The Legends Grand Theater – A two-level theater located on decks 8 and 9, where live Vegas-style shows and performances featuring the Grand Classica singers and dancers will be held, along with comedy shows. There is also a bar and lounge area outside the theater for those who want to enjoy a cocktail before or after the show.
- Para-A-Dice Casino – This large and spacious casino on deck 9 will offer a wide range of slot machines and table games for those seeking lady luck at sea. 101 of the most popular slot games, in addition to 10 table games, including Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Three Card Poker and Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em Poker are featured.
- Encore Lounge – Located on deck 8, the spacious Encore Lounge is a great venue onboard to have a cocktail, enjoy live music and relax between events and activities. A central stairway serves as a focal point and leads to deck 9 where dining options, including A Slice Above and The Grand Café, are located.
- Regal Room – One of the most popular venues on Grand Celebration, the Regal Room on Grand Classica, located on deck 9 aft, will feature a large bar and stage for live music and entertainment.
- The Oasis – Mirroring The Oasis concept from Grand Celebration, Grand Classica’s adults-only area features the aft pool, two whirlpools and a bar on deck 11, surrounded by lounge chairs and amazing ocean views.
- Plunge Pool – The ship’s main pool features a large pool surrounded by a spacious deck and lounge chairs. The adjacent Plunge Bar serves beverages and specialty cocktails. A jogging track above the pool area gives guests the opportunity to exercise while enjoying great views.
The ship features 216 interior cabins on decks 4, 5, 6, and 7. They all feature a desk and flat-screen televisions. They sleep two, three, or four guests. There is an even larger number of oceanview cabins – 430, and they also sleep two, three, or four guests.
Grand Classica also offers two spacious junior suites on deck 5 that offer large picture windows, and ten suites on deck 10 that feature balconies.
- Conference Center – A business area on deck 8 houses a large conference center that seats 80, as well as several adjacent meeting rooms giving companies more options to hold both intimate and larger corporate events onboard.
- Indulgence Spa, Fitness Center and Salon – When it’s time to get pampered, there’s no better place to indulge than the spa and salon, offering massages, facials, skin treatments and more. The oceanview fitness center includes a wide range of equipment and free weights for those who want to stay fit at sea.
- Kruzers Kid’s Club – Trained youth counselors offer complimentary play and activities for children from ages 3 – 17.
- Lucaya Plaza – For some retail therapy, shopping aboard Grand Classica takes its name from the popular shopping district in Grand Bahama Island. Shops will offer duty-free items, as well as jewelry, watches, souvenirs, apparel and the Bahamas’ famous rum cake.
- Central Atrium – On deck 5, this central hub welcomes guests with a large reception area and guest service team members are available to assist with questions, booking shore excursions and making reservations.
- Connect Internet Lounge and Card Room – For those that want to surf the net or stay in touch with family and friends, the Connect Internet Lounge is the place; Wi-Fi is offered onboard for a daily fee.
- Memories Photo Gallery – Located on deck 9, guests can relish their photos taken onboard by the ship’s expert photographers; photo sessions are also offered for guests to make lasting memories suitable for framing.
To celebrate Grand Classica‘s arrival and the “Perfect Pair” with two ships offering daily departures, the company is introducing a BOGO offer. For just one week only, travelers can reserve one sailing on either ship, and get a second sailing on the other ship for free. For more information on the offer, visit bahamasparadisecruise.com.