Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Carnival Corporation has announced that they’ve been named a CES 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree for the wearable Ocean Medallion device, which is currently being used by guests on Caribbean Princess.
The prestigious awards honor outstanding design and engineering in consumer technology products. They’re judged by a panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the trade media.
The Ocean Medallion has the following features and capabilities:
- Keyless Stateroom Access
- OceanNow – the ability to place a food or drink order and have it delivered to various locations throughout the ship
- Hassle-free payment
- OceanCasino – on smart devices and portals around the ship, guests can wager real money on a variety of casino games from anywhere on the ship.
- OceanCompass, where guests can use OceanNav for finding their way around the ship, and ShipMates which allows travelers to easily locate friends, family, and kids on the ship.
- JourneyView – on portals around the ship, guests can take a look at their itinerary as well as events and activities that are taking place during the cruise
- PlayOcean – on portals throughout the ship, guests are able to play games including trivia, word jumble, a matching game, and a ship wide digital scavenger hunt called Ocean Treks Adventure.
Carnival Corporation’s Ocean Medallion will be on display in the Innovation Awards Showcase at the upcoming CES 2019, which will run January 8-11, 2019 in Las Vegas.
- Carnival Ship Cancels Port, Gives Passengers Free Cruise
- 8 Best Things To Do in Split (Croatia)
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Review 2019 + News
- Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
- Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
- 8 Things to Do in Kotor
- Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Cruise Excursion
- Ungrateful Carnival Cruisers Whine About Free Gift
- Hurricane Humberto Cruise Line Itinerary Changes
- Sitka Alaska Cruise Port Information
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Ungrateful Carnival Cruisers Whine About Free Gift
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Hurricane Reveals People We Don’t Want To Cruise With
EDITORIAL1 day ago
Carnival Family Mourns Loss Of Longtime Crew Member
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The Solo Cruiser Deal Too Good To Pass Up
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line To Stretch Ship, Spend $140 Million On Upgrades
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Hurricane Humberto Cruise Line Itinerary Changes
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Discontinues Popular Onboard Perk
BEFORE YOU CRUISE2 days ago
Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Cruise Excursion