Carnival Corporation has announced that they’ve been named a CES 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree for the wearable Ocean Medallion device, which is currently being used by guests on Caribbean Princess.
The prestigious awards honor outstanding design and engineering in consumer technology products. They’re judged by a panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the trade media.
The Ocean Medallion has the following features and capabilities:
- Keyless Stateroom Access
- OceanNow – the ability to place a food or drink order and have it delivered to various locations throughout the ship
- Hassle-free payment
- OceanCasino – on smart devices and portals around the ship, guests can wager real money on a variety of casino games from anywhere on the ship.
- OceanCompass, where guests can use OceanNav for finding their way around the ship, and ShipMates which allows travelers to easily locate friends, family, and kids on the ship.
- JourneyView – on portals around the ship, guests can take a look at their itinerary as well as events and activities that are taking place during the cruise
- PlayOcean – on portals throughout the ship, guests are able to play games including trivia, word jumble, a matching game, and a ship wide digital scavenger hunt called Ocean Treks Adventure.
Carnival Corporation’s Ocean Medallion will be on display in the Innovation Awards Showcase at the upcoming CES 2019, which will run January 8-11, 2019 in Las Vegas.
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
- Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS5 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Cleared to Sail From Florida