Carnival Corporation has announced that they’ve been named a CES 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree for the wearable Ocean Medallion device, which is currently being used by guests on Caribbean Princess.
The prestigious awards honor outstanding design and engineering in consumer technology products. They’re judged by a panel of independent industrial designers, engineers, and members of the trade media.
The Ocean Medallion has the following features and capabilities:
- Keyless Stateroom Access
- OceanNow – the ability to place a food or drink order and have it delivered to various locations throughout the ship
- Hassle-free payment
- OceanCasino – on smart devices and portals around the ship, guests can wager real money on a variety of casino games from anywhere on the ship.
- OceanCompass, where guests can use OceanNav for finding their way around the ship, and ShipMates which allows travelers to easily locate friends, family, and kids on the ship.
- JourneyView – on portals around the ship, guests can take a look at their itinerary as well as events and activities that are taking place during the cruise
- PlayOcean – on portals throughout the ship, guests are able to play games including trivia, word jumble, a matching game, and a ship wide digital scavenger hunt called Ocean Treks Adventure.
Carnival Corporation’s Ocean Medallion will be on display in the Innovation Awards Showcase at the upcoming CES 2019, which will run January 8-11, 2019 in Las Vegas.
- The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers
- Royal Caribbean Delays New Cruise Ship Until 2021
- European Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through March 2021
- Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
- Cruise Experiences You Could Pay More For In The Future
- The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
- Cruise Ships Leave Asia for North America
- Last Major Cruise Line Cancels 2020 Alaska Sailings
- First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
- Why Avoiding Chartered Cruises Is A Good Idea (For Now)
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Carnival Corp. Ship Sold Off During Shutdown
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Cruise Ship Assists Stranded Vessel in Bahamas
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
The Carnival Cruises You’ll Be Taking In 2022
CRUISE NEWS21 hours ago
The Unexpected “Perk” Norwegian Is Giving Cancelled Cruisers